Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I replaced my pads and I notice that the inboard pad on back and front brakes contact the rotor so that the wheel cannot move freely. Is this "normal" for new pads or is there a problem. Running avid juicy 7. I've already adjusted the caliper twist knob, but it seems to only change how the lever feels and not moving the pad at all.

Thanks for any help

·
Registered
432 Posts
I know this is a few weeks old but sounds like you just need to center your caliper so that the disc is equal distant from the pads (inboard/outboard). I usually just loosen the cps bolts holding the caliper to the bracket a little and look down through the caliper so that I can see a little light coming through on either side of the rotor, then slowly tighten things up. It may take a few tries but sometimes close is good enough.

·
Registered
657 Posts
When you replaced the pads did you "push" the pistons all the way back into the caliper to allow them to reset? I know I have the same issue on both of my bikes and one of them is getting a real fix, can you guess which one? I recently purchased a pair of Shimano XT's while on sale thinking this issue will be gone.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts