Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That is, the inaugural ride of the Northern Colorado chapter of the NonDWLTurnerOwnersSupportGroup (NoCONDWLTOSG). Riders in attendence: SteveCO71, mtbjay280 and S-Works. Rene was supposed to be in attendence, but he had a previous engagement with his "blankie" ( I hope it had a Tuner logo on it). Apparently people don't wake up before noon in Ned.:confused:

SteveCO just moved down to the Front Range from Steamboat. So Jay and I thought we'd introduce him to our local trail. We met up at Hall ranch at 6:45am. We actually moved this back from 6:15 am as Steve drove in from Loveland, 1/2 hour north.

Ranodom summary of the pics: Got a few shots of some of the Rock Garden sections. Jay helping Steve see the line on the slab and then showing him how to do it. Steve takes his shot. A shot of our pathetic, outdated bikes at the bench. Steve cresting the top of the loop. Did not get any shots of the fast, fun descent to the rock garden.

Afterwards, we introduced Steve to Oskar Blues for some post ride debriefing and refreshments and food. Sorry, Tscheez. We did not get any support group business done.

All in all, was a very good ride and I enjoyed meeting Steve and riding with him. I look forward to more in the future.:thumbsup:

Attachments

·
George Dickel
371 Posts
Important questions - Are non-Colorado folks allowed to join? Will there be factions of Horst-vs-TNT fighting or will it be the all-inclusive Non DW Turner owners, woe is me tribe? Any yearly fees? Having no intention of "trading up" from my Horst Spot, go ahead and sign me up... :thumbsup:

·
Registered
498 Posts
ORVH said:
Are non-Colorado folks allowed to join?
It's like that bumper sticker:

Life sucks, but there is a support group. It's called the bar, and everyone is in it.

Hey S-Works, thanks for the pictures that point out what happens when you work more then you ride. I guess I'll start the diet tomorrow.

Steve, looking forward to learning how you make all that downhill stuff look so smooth.

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Wow, that was an early meeting. I was late. I left Boulder on my bike at 12:45 and by the time i arrived, I saw no evidence of meetings.

It was a great day for a meeting though.

·
Now with 3 more inches!
1,463 Posts
Suck it up people. Some of us are pre-ICT, and you didn't see us crying into our beer about all those new-fangled TNTs and what-not. Support groups are for wusses. ;)

Nice shots. Looks like some great riding.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mtbjc280 said:
It's like that bumper sticker:

Life sucks, but there is a support group. It's called the bar, and everyone is in it.

Hey S-Works, thanks for the pictures that point out what happens when you work more then you ride. I guess I'll start the diet tomorrow.

Steve, looking forward to learning how you make all that downhill stuff look so smooth.

Sorry man, there is only so much I can do with photochop:D Does this pic look any better??

Orv, I personally see us as one group (pre-DWL) with different chapters geographically based. But I would suspect that Tscheezy would have no issue if it broke down even further between HL and TNT. Either way, we are all in the same boat.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
tiSS'er said:
The Arizona chapter met this morning at 6:30. It was hardly worth even riding. Without a DW-Link, how good can our bikes really be?
Yeah, my bike pretty much gave up on me knowing that it is so antiquated this morning. I'm debating taking up trail running instead. We saw one runner this morning that inspired all three of us.

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
S-Works said:
Sorry, Tscheez. We did not get any support group business done.
You were there for each other in these trying times. That's the main thing. Admitting you don't have a DW sticker on your chainstay is the first step. I think your progress is admirable.

The Kodiak chapter holds a second meeting (turnout was thin):

Ever get the feeling someone is following you??

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Jerk_Chicken said:
I wonder how many of you are going to buy EW next time, or maybe even an Iron Horse.
I'm think I'm just going to just ride a rigid soon.

I think the conclusion is that it's all BS.

The wheel got us 95% there and now we are obsessed over that 5%

·
Registered
3,060 Posts
The NorCal chapter was too busy riding to meet up.

Jerk_Chicken said:
I wonder how many of you are going to buy EW next time, or maybe even an Iron Horse.
Nahh, Specialized is where it's at.

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Half expected HL Spot to have busted loose and run away after leaving her all alone in the stables this week after the news broke.

On the contrary, her self esteem is every bit as strong as her abilities, and she romped with zest all weekend. Gave her an unneccesary lubing as a reward.

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
tigerdog said:
Suck it up people. Some of us are pre-ICT, and you didn't see us crying into our beer about all those new-fangled TNTs and what-not. Support groups are for wusses. ;)

Nice shots. Looks like some great riding.
The NZ chapter has a new DWL motherboard dos that count;)

I'm Post ICT pre DWL and POST HL Im so confused, but I know I dig the ride, I still have plenty off kool aid in the cupboard!

Ahh what Im also confused about is who the heck are those guys nice rigs a little clean for my liking but nice scenery, Dark beer UBER is that the USA version of a DepthCharger? normally you put the little glass of dram inside the pint of beer then skull, since no piccs of drinking action I take it that didn't happen!

Make for some UBER shots though!

Chur

um a post with UBER and CHUR !!

The power of the Dark side:p

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
trailadvent said:
The NZ chapter has a new DWL motherboard dos that count;)

I'm Post ICT pre DWL and POST HL Im so confused, but I know I dig the ride, I still have plenty off kool aid in the cupboard!

Ahh what Im also confused about is who the heck are those guys nice rigs a little clean for my liking but nice scenery, Dark beer UBER is that the USA version of a DepthCharger? normally you put the little glass of dram inside the pint of beer then skull, since no piccs of drinking action I take it that didn't happen!

Make for some UBER shots though!

Chur

um a post with UBER and CHUR !!

The power of the Dark side:p

I hear ya. Unfortunately that wasn't Dram. It was a sample of a new brew they gave us. And just for a point of reference, this was 10:30am.:thumbsup:

Churr!

·
Registered
516 Posts
My 04 burner is still waiting for me to finish healing up so we can hit the trails. As for dw link, I've rode the giant and was not impressed. I think I will continue to be a hl homer for a while. Maybe, i will just take advantage of the sell and buy me an 08 spot.

·
Outcast
8,589 Posts
The Nederland chapter [which is just me, as far as I know] rolled out of bed from the warm blankies about 7:30, had a leisurely breakfast with the wife, putzed around the house, then drove 5 miles to the trailhead at a civilized time of noon. While on my ride, my cell-phone rang; it was Steve placing a harrassing phone call. :D
All in all a great day for riding.
You guys up for a real ride? I'm taking south st. vrain.

·
Team Blindspot
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Renegade said:
The Nederland chapter [which is just me, as far as I know] rolled out of bed from the warm blankies about 7:30, had a leisurely breakfast with the wife, putzed around the house, then drove 5 miles to the trailhead at a civilized time of noon. While on my ride, my cell-phone rang; it was Steve placing a harrassing phone call. :D
All in all a great day for riding.
You guys up for a real ride? I'm taking south st. vrain.
Anytime. Sounds like fun:thumbsup:

Maybe we should merge our chapter's as you are your only member. I mean, it hardly seems fair that all your chapter's dues should benefit only you.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts