Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Less yappin, more Brappin
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it possible to go riding (XC) at northstar tahoe without having to pay for a lift ticket?
i plan on riding uphill as well as downhill, so i dont feel like i need to pay someone to go uphill. has anyone else dont this? will i need to just poach the trails?

geoffss

· Absurd
915 Posts
Yea, you can just start riding on up the hill if you want. I would'nt try it on any of the single tracks, its gonna be easier and safer on the fire roads. I think you can even connect with the TRT at some point, I think over by Watson lake. And dont worry about the full suspension bike, it wont make you a puss up there.

· Custom User Title
7,779 Posts
geoffss said:
is it possible to go riding (XC) at northstar tahoe without having to pay for a lift ticket?
i plan on riding uphill as well as downhill, so i dont feel like i need to pay someone to go uphill. has anyone else dont this? will i need to just poach the trails?

geoffss
You can get almost to the to of Mt. Pluto on pavement, and a bit of fireroad in between. Makes for a nice ride.

· Less yappin, more Brappin
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yes you can

got this from northstar yesterday. all dirt, all the time. :)

Geoff,

You may ride your bike throughout Northstar
without purchasing a lift
ticket. Lift tickets only need to be purchased
if you intend on using
the chairlifts.

Northstar Season Pass Office

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.