Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got myself a Demo 8 earlier this year, which came with a 888 VF2. It also has the integrated 888 stem. The steer tube seems too short to be able to run any other fork (Thomson Elite). I'm sure that if I got a new fork with an uncut steer tube it would work, but it seems like its been cut too short already. Am I the only one with this problem? Once you go integrated you can't go back?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I dont see why you couldnt send it back to Marz and have them put a new steerer in, I did it with my 66.

How do you like the integrated stem, wanna sell it? Im thinking about getting one, the 05 888 is already kinda chopper-esc with a integrated it would drop it about atleast an inch right?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cake96861 said:
I dont see why you couldnt send it back to Marz and have them put a new steerer in, I did it with my 66.

How do you like the integrated stem, wanna sell it? Im thinking about getting one, the 05 888 is already kinda chopper-esc with a integrated it would drop it about atleast an inch right?
It works fine, its just long, I think I measured it out to like 75mm. I want to get a Thomson Elite 50mm stem.

·
Registered
80 Posts
the same thing happened to me. i just got a 04 888r with an integrated stem. i took it in to my LBS to put it on my bike, and the steerer was too short. i think what they did was bought a new steerer and crown from marzocchi. It costed around $150.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.