Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bough myself a little Xmas present. I will be transferring the parts from my Atlas to this frame. As you can see I already have the fork swapped. The RP23 rear shock will get yanked and swapped out with my DHX5 coil. But I am going to need some help from my LBS to swap the bushings on the two shocks. I haven’t decided if I am going to sell the Atlas, or hang onto it and build it back up as a heavy AM / light FR bike. Currently I am leaning towards selling it to help fund a new set of wheels for this guy. But I am likely to change my mind 10 times before I make a decision.:D

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but I couldn’t find my digital camera and had to use my phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
dogonfr said:
Thats a killa looking house there love all the wood an beam. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

That orange coffee table looks kinda funky there though. :D
Thanks.....but what about the bike? ;)

My wife and I love that room, was the reason we bought the house. It is actually a large family room addition the previous owners built right before they sold. The addition is post and beam construction, so the beams and columns you see are structural. There are also several really cool timber trusses.The rest of the house is not so impressive, your typical 1960's ranch.

·
ride hard take risks
25,423 Posts
Tim Mailloux said:
Thanks.....but what about the bike? ;)

My wife and I love that room, was the reason we bought the house. It is actually a large family room addition the previous owners built right before they sold. The addition is post and beam construction, so the beams and columns you see are structural. There are also several really cool timber trusses.The rest of the house is not so impressive, your typical 1960's ranch.
Awesome frame to build on and the DHX will be a huge improvement for the riding you'll be doing.:cornut: Think the 70 would be the best choice on the stem with a 1" rise bar about 27" wide. Looking forward to the built pics. :rockon:

·
Registered
633 Posts
Dude, that is sweet! I am thinking about buying a new frame and swapping the parts off of my Atlas to it so I will be interested to see how your build goes. We have the same fork so that makes it really easy to imagine.....

·
Dirt Deviant
3,694 Posts
Looks sweet!
A 60mm Sunline V-One AM stem and Sunline V-One 30mm riser bar would be a nice compliment to that frame........= )
They also have a 19mm rise bar.
Keep us posted on the build list!
What is the E2E and stroke of that Rp23?
I'm looking for a 8.5" x 2.5". I called Fox and they told me it is only available as an OEM....but when I was at Interbike they said nothing of the sort. I should prolly call em again.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
savagemann said:
Looks sweet!
A 60mm Sunline V-One AM stem and Sunline V-One 30mm riser bar would be a nice compliment to that frame........= )
They also have a 19mm rise bar.
Keep us posted on the build list!
What is the E2E and stroke of that Rp23?
I'm looking for a 8.5" x 2.5". I called Fox and they told me it is only available as an OEM....but when I was at Interbike they said nothing of the sort. I should prolly call em again.
Not sure about that Sunline stem, its a little too boxy for my taste. I am thinking about this
http://www.spadout.com/p/syncros-am-stem-1-1-8-or-1-5/

The RP23 is 7.5 i2i with a 2.0 stroke.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I thought I would post a few pic to show you guys how things are going with the build. I still need to order a few goddies to finish things off

new front Der
seat post (I stole the post from my HT for now)
new cables
chain stay protector

Again, I am sorry for the crappy pictures. I still cannot find my digital camera I took these with my cell phone

Attachments

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
savagemann said:
Looking Hawt!!!!!!! I dig the cable routing to the rear brake. Sharp.
Thanks! The Turner web site shows that brake cable going around the brace instead of under it while the dee cable do through. I thought it would look better if all the cables go under/through the brace . That brake line is a bit long and I need to shorten it. I will probably just get all new hydro cables as I am in no rush with all the snow here in new England and it being ski season

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.