Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured this is the best place to get a real answer. So I know how to orient the maxle to be in the 12 o'clock position as opposed to 6, but what does the screw on the end of the maxle (opposite end from the lever) do? It feels like it adjust tenstion, much like you would adjust tension on a QR lever.

So if it does indeed act like a standard QR and adjust the tension, to reposition the Maxle lever orientation couldn't you just tighten the tension screw until you get the proper tension then flip the lever to closed?

All this is asked because I tried this approach, but have had less than stellar results and now am searching for the proper tension/adjustment all over again. Oops.

·
Registered
3,237 Posts
The threaded end is to allow how much tension is on the quick release when you clamp it down. You can play with it and feel it affects how loose or tight it feels when closing the lever.

I spent a little time figuring this out and came up with this fix so I could get the lever pointing straight back at the 9 o'clock position.

http://www.cfht.hawaii.edu/~grant/forum/pike/pike_maxle.pdf

Aloha,
g

·
Lookin for that extra can
214 Posts
Wondering if anyone has ever tried to tap out the threaded insert in the left leg. This would allow you to reposition the threads and allow for the proper lever orientation.

Just a thought...

--rip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.