Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I haven't felt this inadequate since before buying my first Industry Nine wheels. I call to order the first meeting of the NDWLTOSG.

I'll start:

Hi. I'm tscheezy, and I ride non-DW-link Turners.

Since the DW-DT collaboration announcement my outlook and self esteem have taken a hit. I was the coolest half-dozen Turners owning dude on my block, and in 24-internet-hours my world is on its head and my whole quiver is woefully out of fashion.

Today I noticed the little things feel like an uphill struggle.

ALL of a sudden the world seems flat...

...empty...

...and lifeless.

It's like things are just a little blurry....

...like I have tunnel vision...

...and the world lacks color.

That is my tale of woe.

Tell me your story. :)

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
I am lidarman and ride a non-DW link Turner...and it's a non-TNT turner too. It has been 4 days since I rode it.

However, I do want a TNT Turner maybe since they are so out of style suddenly. It might go with my Emo attire.

·
Banned
584 Posts
Hi I am Artin Aga and i hate to see all you Hommers in this state depretion so I have put together a support group of my own to help your support group SAYNDWLTTMSYCBNDWLT group
(send all your non D W LINK Turners to me so you can buy new D W LINK Turners )
we pay for all shipping and handeling free of charge just box them up and one of our non profit Volunteers from DHL will pick the package(s) up

·
roots, rocks, rhythm
A little of this and that........nothing cheap! Try to buy local, which is really hard!
886 Posts
I am Dawgprimo and ride 2 non-DW Turner - a Classic RFX and both have the Horst-link.

Had considered going to the TNT rear for the 5-spot............

Need to get out on the bike but I can't as I am recovery from surgery.

I know how you feel tscheezy....and I am not even getting married;)

(shot pretty much explains it......)

Attachments

·
Time flies...
2,206 Posts
Good stuff. I can dig what yer saying, and have to admit that this latest 'advancement' makes me feel a bit funny, even though there's no reason for it.

Regardless, this one picture tells me that -you- got nothing to complain about...

Attachments

·
Daniel the Dog
6,764 Posts
You think you got problems

I have only one Turner and a funny looking Kona 29er. My Turner is almost 6 years old, all scratched up, and showing its age--plus it gasp a Horst model. I'm going to have to give it to my neighbor to hang potted plants on now. Please somebody pass me the Prozac.

Jaybo

PS the polished Flux is so sweet!

·
No, that's not phonetic
14,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Single Track MTBer said:
You just suck! And you're just going to have to get over it!
Ask your mom to explain what a "support group" is because you seem to be missing the point. :p

SCUBAPRO said:
I thought you were a guy but I guess i was mistaken. :p
Don't hate me because I'm perky. :D

·
ride
5,274 Posts
I'm Dave and I ride a TNT Spot. It's been 1 day since I've ridden it. And I love it.

Great shots, Tscheezy, 'specially the one after "and lifeless..."

Dawgprimo, love the end of the tracks shot.

oh, hey, congrats, too :thumbsup:

·
Hike 'n Bike Nat'l Champ
208 Posts
Can somebody confirm something for me? I was in Buenos Aires for 10 days and when I got off the plane Monday I drove 110 miles and picked up a brand new Highline frame to go with my 5 spot. Highlines are still good right? The sun still revolves around the Earth? I'm not crazy am I? (all I wanted was a pepsi.)

Derek

·
Moosehead
1,908 Posts
Bwaaahaaaahaaaaa!!!!!!!!

I'm moosehead, and i drank the HL coolaid, and am so freakin old skool that the TNT looked like a sellout, and the 09's look like that first Huffy. (I also tuned in last night expecting to see the Barracuda in a bloody train wreck, man I'm soooooo outta touch).

Doood, I can emphathize. The Colorado Rockies also seem flat, bland, and lifeless. There's nothing but ugly guys riding here. Everyone stopped riding Labor Day - it's so lonely out there. Weather dropped into the mid 60's F. No one stops to pet the HL Spot anymore given she's obsolete and handles so gotdamn poorly. All the other DW's sneer and snicker, even the Iron Horseys, plastic Ibis-cus, and Perverts (or is that Pivot, they go by so fast).

Then there's the final straw. Unreal. Did you hear about the new 2010 model in the Turner lineup? A reliable source tells me its code name is Pied Piper.

P.S. Anyone want to sell a Large TNT Flux in mint condition? I'll pay cash, though there's only $200 of free cash flow available at the moment, so it'll have to be frame only if that's OK?

P.S.S. - I hereby nominate those photos as best Chur in the Homer forum, huge props

·
Petty and weak
742 Posts
I hopped on my DHR this morning, it looked a little cloudy. Well, as I got onto the trails to start the big uphill push before the down, the rain began to fall. I persisted, and the rain got harder, and when I at last reached the place whenceforth I head back down the hill, the rain became torrential. Goggles on, and down I went. My goggles were muddy, wet and foggy, and without them my eyes became muddy, wet and foggy. Today I went down the hill more slowly than ever before.

And all that is very clear is that my non-DW DHR doesn't work as well as it did two days ago.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.