Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need something lightweight and non bulky, to wear on the street. I accidentally took a crash on asphalt once and skinned my knee bad. Now I got an ugly, dark wrinkly scar.

I used to wear something of lycra which you slipped on with your shoes off. It had a small kevlar enforced knee and shin pad. Same with the elbow pad. Not sure who made it, but I doubt it's still available. It was black. That was perfect, if anybody knows who made it.

Where I ride, you can get hit by a car and can go flying. That's why I want to wear pads on the street. Leather gloves for the palm are essential to save skin.

·
Registered
262 Posts
first of all you cant really get a thin, strong pads anyway
second you dont belong somewhere you can get hit by a car and go flying
and thhird of all only micheal jackson wears leather gloves

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
My 661 pads tend to work pretty well. They aren't the smallest pads but they get their job done and are cheap.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I got some for 911s and they dont weight much and have saved my knees and shins many times...

·
I wanna talk to Samson!
3,303 Posts
We are Dianese if we pwease.

·
Cynical Bystander
6,770 Posts
konabiker said:
We are Dianese if we pwease.
Dianese definitely seem to not be bulky, but they also cost an arm and a leg to afford them. Then again, if I was smart I'd have invested in better safety equipment instead of better components. :p

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jungleuk said:
I got some for 911s and they dont weight much and have saved my knees and shins many times...
Sorry I'm not a downhiller. What are 661s and 911s?

These are not necessarily for getting hit by a car. You know those odd crashes in the city, like going from the grass unto the lip of the sidewalk at an angle, where the rear end goes down. One time I was riding parallel to a garden hose on the sidewalk. I tried to criss-cross the hose. Nope, same deal. I'm just looking to save some skin.

Hell, for cross-country riding, I don't even bother to wear pads.

If you get hit by a car and go skidding on your palms, you will be glad for leather gloves! Has anyone gone barreling down asphalt at 25 mph? If you leave the bike there due to a blowout - oh oh! You will be glad for the pads.

I'm leaning toward the SixSixOnes.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts