Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

21 - 40 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,275 Posts
Seattlechronic said:
I got a great deal on the Deemax wheels but I also like the way they look...I tacoed my Crossmax XL Front Wheel so I got some beefier wheels. AS far as Drops go I have Done some much larger drops to trani on the nomad and It soaks it up just fine. This was Just a pick from my weekend that a friend posted. Would love to see some more action pics from others in this thread.

Heres one more taken by my buddy DW at South SEa TAC A Little Bigger
Sweeeeeeeet bike is that all you got (j/k)
But the nomad can handle bigger stuff than that right?(Ex.10ft) because im doing 5-6ft on my $300 mongoose!
Not planning on getting one im just wondering!
 

·
Faster the Better!
Joined
·
187 Posts
free-rider_down-hiller said:
Sweeeeeeeet bike is that all you got (j/k)
But the nomad can handle bigger stuff than that right?(Ex.10ft) because im doing 5-6ft on my $300 mongoose!
Not planning on getting one im just wondering!
Of Course..I have done some bigger stuff but no photo shoots yet..Stay tuned...

E
 

·
Redwood Dancer
Joined
·
93 Posts
R1D3R said:
1. In case you are new to mtbing those are DeeMax wheels... DEEMAX!!!!!!! :eek:
2. Black and yellow go well together... But thats preference... ;) :)
Great... They're the bomb. Light, strong and expensive. That and the flash of yellow against the California redwoods will get you a $450 ticket. If you come out and ride with me in NorCal we can put some electrical tape over those rims... shouldn't take more than ten minutes!

Attached is my idea of perfect colors... but to each their own. Rail it or bail it.
 

Attachments

·
Redwood Dancer
Joined
·
93 Posts
Seattlechronic said:
I got a great deal on the Deemax wheels but I also like the way they look...I tacoed my Crossmax XL Front Wheel so I got some beefier wheels. AS far as Drops go I have Done some much larger drops to trani on the nomad and It soaks it up just fine. This was Just a pick from my weekend that a friend posted. Would love to see some more action pics from others in this thread.

Heres one more taken by my buddy DW at South SEa TAC A Little Bigger
Now yer talking... er, riding, railing... whatever. Yeah more radical photos are needed here. I'm getting tired of looking at standing still, leaning-against-a-wall bike porn. Maybe I'll start a thread for Nomad Pics. We could let in occasional wanna be Nomads (ie Blurs) --- if they have the stones and promise to behave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,494 Posts
I would say the last drop is around 3-4ft right to the ground. If you factor in the landing on the tranny, it would be 5-6ft.

A little higher than 18".
 

·
ISO Gems...
Joined
·
549 Posts
Nomad Passion - Action...

My simpleton review : Well, after six months of owning the Nomad I am absolutely pleased with the ride and handling of the bike. The rear is as plush as butter and I love the tight cockpit even though it can wear on me after a 25-30 mile ride with lots of climbing.

The rear end tracks unbelievably through high speed corners as well as feeling stiffer and less flexy in chunky climbs. The slack geometry seems to lend itself well to the type of terrain that we have here in Dry Cal. I also love the low standover because I'm able to slam the saddle waaay down for the steeps.

So... yeah, the bike's been fun, but the only minor dissappointment has been the DHX air. I want to give a coil shock a try next.

Future upgrades will include a heavier wheelset (823 Mavics) and a Marz 66. The All Mtn. 1 is a fine fork but the bike is begging for a beefier one.

It's present weight is 33.25lbs., and it otta' top out at or around 35ish when it's done.

It's fun stuff and I hope you Nomad owners are diggin the bike as much as I am.


D


Fun, fun, fun, fun (all that matters, right?)
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
Dirty D said:
So... yeah, the bike's been fun, but the only minor dissappointment has been the DHX air. I want to give a coil shock a try next.
If you are not in a hurry, in a month or two I should be able to provide some comments on how the Nomad rides with a Marzo Rocco compared to the stock FloatR. By the way, I also have the AM1, I love that fork but I'm a light rider (150lbs) so I don't feel I need much more beef. Here is a pic of my Nomad with the Rocco. By the way, super action pics you've got there, keep them coming, super fun to look at. Your Nomad has the same "army" look as my Banzai! haha
 

Attachments

·
Too Much Fun
Joined
·
2,319 Posts
great shots

Dirty D said:
It's fun stuff and I hope you Nomad owners are diggin the bike as much as I am.

Fun, fun, fun, fun (all that matters, right?)
Exactly. Thats why I'm building mine now: fun. Nice shots. Nice to see some climbing in there too, although hucks are always welcome.

On the front end question, I'm going right to the 66SL myself. I was looking long and hard at the AM1 then the Z1 and finally I just said "Fug it!" and decided that the 66SL was just light enough be reasonable and I want a stiff front end on this thing.
 

·
aka baycat
Joined
·
8,480 Posts
Banzai -

First off sick Roco it compliments the frame very nicely! Are you doing coil for the fork too? What kind or riding are you doing? Only ask to see what the intended usage is for the shock, guess it is up there with the Fox DHX-C


Dirty D -
What was the consesuns on the color of your nomad!?!?!? :) Plus sweet action pics


-Ryan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
59 Posts
That Roco is so sweet on the red frame, I'm wondering how it's going to look like with my polished frame ( still waiting!!!).

Army green is one of a kind. Nice shot! Post some more it help me to ease the pain of waiting. How did you get that color by the way?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,661 Posts
baycat said:
Banzai -

First off sick Roco it compliments the frame very nicely! Are you doing coil for the fork too? What kind or riding are you doing? Only ask to see what the intended usage is for the shock, guess it is up there with the Fox DHX-C
Ya the fork will the the fugly coil AM1 but it is currently being repainted in black to match the look of my new Nomad! :D :D :D I ride just about everything from XC to "light" downhill but not much "hucking" and I don't really leave the ground more then 4-5'. Main usage is very technical rocky/rooty singletrack with lots of steep up and down. Cheers.
 

·
ISO Gems...
Joined
·
549 Posts
That Rocco looks sweet on that Trans Red color, curious on how it'll perform...

Some answers :

Bayareacat : The final consensus is that the greens staying, maybe when I get sick of it in a year I'll go to orange or somethin'. :)

MAGnifico : The frame was sitting at the Bike Co. in LA. I got sick of waiting around so I bought the black powdercoat, and had them send the frame to Olympic Powdercoat for a chemical dip and respray. RAL color code # 6013.

D
 

·
...
Joined
·
603 Posts
DD,

Nice shots! As you said, looks like good fun! Let us know if you replace the DHX, and how it works out for ya. Good luck.

Porch
 

·
ISO Gems...
Joined
·
549 Posts
Porchsong said:
DD,

Nice shots! As you said, looks like good fun! Let us know if you replace the DHX, and how it works out for ya. Good luck.

Porch
Sweet Porch... Looks like you sold the Morphine frame ( sweet frame ).

Did you get a Nomad frame yet or are you still waiting?

D
 

·
...
Joined
·
603 Posts
Building It Up Now

Dirty D said:
Sweet Porch... Looks like you sold the Morpine frame ( sweet frame ).

Did you get a Nomad frame yet or are you still waiting?

D
DD,

Yup, I sold my frame and fork last week! I got my Nomad a while back and I've been slowly collecting parts! I hope to have it complete somtime in April! I can't wait. As soon as I get some good action shots I'll post em' up!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=151777 - my Nomad frame

Porch
 
21 - 40 of 215 Posts
Top