Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Ixquiac said:
Looked at that again this weekend. Man it looked a lot bigger than I remember it! I hit one of the jumps at the beginning run in and got wobbly so I pretty much scared myself out of this one. :eekster:
I dig that sky blue Nomad. D you have any other pics you can post of your bike? Looks sick!

·
Propr
1,192 Posts
gunt pimp said:
I dig that sky blue Nomad. D you have any other pics you can post of your bike? Looks sick!
yeah I have a few ... PM me your e-mail and I'll send a few over...

Here's one though not really an "action" shot :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Thanks! CO has fun riding for sure. As for holding my head still, I guess it's the plush Nomad? I just ride my bike with out thinking about the camera up there. Of course I have crashed trying to show off with that thing on my head. If you would like to see a good crash, check this one out: http://vimeo.com/4420891

Three crashes: last one is me and you'll see the Nomad tumble down the side of a mountain. Didn't hurt it one bit, I wish I could say the same for me!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Thanks! The monarch has been a great shock. I love sram stuff, they stand behind their products like no one else. As for the monarch on jumps, well, not the best, but I don't think that it's the monarch's fault, the nomad 2 is very linear so it's not the best jumping bike. 160mm of soft travel and DJ just doesn't mix well. I'm sure there will be nomad owners saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, but that's my take. I can still jump the nomad fine, but feel other bikes I've owned jump better. My bullit and heckler both jumped a bit better. I think one piv is great for DJ. You can close the flood gate on the monarch and make the vpp less active which helps with DJ, but I don't know if that's good for the shock? Probably not, especailly if you come up short which I've been known to do.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Speaking of spectrum jerseys...
Went on an XC ride with my dad, he wanted to test out his new camera so we stopped by some FR trails on the mountain. I should have my full face on for these things but I didn't want to drag it up for a few features, i did borrow some knee/shins just in case.
The drop is about 5 feet down and 4 out to the top of the tranny.

·
Registered
13 Posts
slimat99 said:
Thanks! CO has fun riding for sure. As for holding my head still, I guess it's the plush Nomad? I just ride my bike with out thinking about the camera up there. Of course I have crashed trying to show off with that thing on my head. If you would like to see a good crash, check this one out: http://vimeo.com/4420891

Three crashes: last one is me and you'll see the Nomad tumble down the side of a mountain. Didn't hurt it one bit, I wish I could say the same for me!
Great videos, really enjoyed watching them :thumbsup:

201 - 215 of 215 Posts