Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Freeriding Feline
2,548 Posts
Nice!

Looks like a great bike and a lot of fun.

·
Who is John Galt?
1,771 Posts
SuperKat7 said:
Looks like a great bike and a lot of fun.
I waas just thinking there must be some great trails in Ireland. Tell us more aqbout them! Can you rent Mountain Bikes there? I know it's a great place for roadies.

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
Those are nice photos, looks like you're having quite some fun there!

Can you tell us a bit how you feel the bike rides compared to your previous bike? How does it manual with those long chainstays? Thanks and keep the photos coming...

Cheers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can hire bikes fine but we don't have any official trails built yet!
Lots of unofficial ones exist but the public forestry bodies still put recreation below timber production.
There is so much potential for purpose built trails but we're still fighting for our right to have proper trails built.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BanzaiRider said:
Those are nice photos, looks like you're having quite some fun there!

Can you tell us a bit how you feel the bike rides compared to your previous bike? How does it manual with those long chainstays? Thanks and keep the photos coming...

Cheers.
The bike is great 'it climb's well although it does step out on steep switchback climbs 'A longer stem would help but the 60mm stem is good for controlled steering .On the way down it just feel's right 'it can take A load of abuse ! . I was at A place in Scotland yesterday called Ae 'it's part of the 7 stanes project there ' it has A 12 mile x country loop with A freeride finish with jump's and table tops :) and the bike could handle it all .There is one really large table top and I over jumped it ' 30 ft to A nearly flat landing and it felt great :) . I dont do manual's . photos to come .I have Blur clasic (2 years old ) and an 04 stinky primo (7 inch travel ) and I think they are both for sale ! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there

Hi guys,

I have just been recommended to this forum by StevieD. So a BIG hello to all ;)

I bike with Stevie all the time and when he made the move from the Blur to the Nomad i wasnt to sure what to expect. We went to Ae forest in Scotland on thursday 29th december to hit the Omega man trail and what he was doing on that bike is still amazing me. As he has said above. he was hitting a 15ft table-top and over-hit it on a number of occasions......as far as 30ft to flat landing and the Nomad just loved it, it lapped up everything he threw at it. Got me thinking of a new bike....damm him :p

Anyhow, here are a few more pics of Stevie giving the Nomad a good running in. Enjoy :)

Ps, please feel free to check out my website. In there you will find all the Irish NPS races held in Ireland and other bike related pics such as a personal gallery of myself and my fellow bikers doing what we love best.....BIKING!!!

1] Nomad...front view
2] StevieD over hits the double in stylee, 30ft!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Bling!!!

Sweet As said:
Hi guys,

I have just been recommended to this forum by StevieD. So a BIG hello to all ;)

I bike with Stevie all the time and when he made the move from the Blur to the Nomad i wasnt to sure what to expect. We went to Ae forest in Scotland on thursday 29th december to hit the Omega man trail and what he was doing on that bike is still amazing me. As he has said above. he was hitting a 15ft table-top and over-hit it on a number of occasions......as far as 30ft to flat landing and the Nomad just loved it, it lapped up everything he threw at it. Got me thinking of a new bike....damm him :p

Anyhow, here are a few more pics of Stevie giving the Nomad a good running in. Enjoy :)

Ps, please feel free to check out my website. In there you will find all the Irish NPS races held in Ireland and other bike related pics such as a personal gallery of myself and my fellow bikers doing what we love best.....BIKING!!!

1] Nomad...front view
2] StevieD over hits the double in stylee, 30ft!!!
TIME TO CHANGE THE HELMET AND JERSEY TO MATCH ALL THAT HOPE INDUSTRIES BLING BLING!! THAT'S A SWEET LOOKING RIDE. NICE INDEED! Whats the exact build on that ride?

Also, somewhere on here is a thread about the Hope Discs and their Anno parts......you might want to post a few photos there and amaize all! :eek:

·
Is my rear tire flat?
858 Posts
FreeRide heck, it's ready for Whistler

Going to take the Blur to Ebey this weekend, should be great weather!
Seattlechronic said:
Thanks D...Here is the updated Bike Pic..I put some new Wheels on it today..

Can you say freeRide Nomad!

·
Redwood Dancer
93 Posts
ronny said:
Pull up! Good thing that ledge is not very high. Nice bike.
I like the black theme, very stealth. IMO I'd dump the yellow rims tho... where I come from that's called 'ranger bait', at least visually. Squealing disc brakes are audio ranger bait. But maybe I'm just a Callie paranoid. OR maybe I'm not --- I'm afraid I can't make up my mind.

By the way, the Nomad will do three or four times that high a ledge onto the flats with out breaking a sweat. You may be sweating a little tho; that's from all the adrenaline coarsing thru yer veins!

·
What are you looking at?
949 Posts
whangen said:
I like the black theme, very stealth. IMO I'd dump the yellow rims tho... where I come from that's called 'ranger bait', at least visually. Squealing disc brakes are audio ranger bait. But maybe I'm just a Callie paranoid. OR maybe I'm not --- I'm afraid I can't make up my mind.

By the way, the Nomad will do three or four times that high a ledge onto the flats with out breaking a sweat. You may be sweating a little tho; that's from all the adrenaline coarsing thru yer veins!
1. In case you are new to mtbing those are DeeMax wheels... DEEMAX!!!!!!! :eek:
2. Black and yellow go well together... But thats preference... ;) :)

·
Faster the Better!
187 Posts
I got a great deal on the Deemax wheels but I also like the way they look...I tacoed my Crossmax XL Front Wheel so I got some beefier wheels. AS far as Drops go I have Done some much larger drops to trani on the nomad and It soaks it up just fine. This was Just a pick from my weekend that a friend posted. Would love to see some more action pics from others in this thread.

Heres one more taken by my buddy DW at South SEa TAC A Little Bigger

1 - 20 of 215 Posts