Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an opportunity to purchase an alloy Nomad v4 second hand for $3100. This is the S build, with GX drive train, Lyric, Super Delux, DT370 hubs, Guide R brakes, etc. Is this a fair price? Seems a bit high but this is covid crazy times I guess.

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Depends on your location and the market there and more importantly, the condition. The nomad v4 was a good bike, but santacruz aluminum is not as nice of quality as other bikes aluminum frames imo and thus it's not as desirable to me personally.

If this bike is in good condition and the suspension does not need anything beyond lower and air can service, the hubs don't pop when pedaled under load (they are 370's, so they will, the question is how bad and how often), if the brake pads aren't shot and the drivetrain isn't run into the ground, $3,100 can be a decent enough deal. However a new cassette, chain, suspension rebuild and wheel truing would easily make this a 4k bike... and it's not at all worth that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.