Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it is time to have my Float R serviced. Having received the bike used, I don't think it was ever serviced. So, I was thinking about having it Pushed but for about another $200 I think I could find a DHX air or Monarch Plus, etc. on eBay.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
So it is time to have my Float R serviced. Having received the bike used, I don't think it was ever serviced. So, I was thinking about having it Pushed but for about another $200 I think I could find a DHX air or Monarch Plus, etc. on eBay.

Thoughts?
I'd push the shock or go coil.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool. I was entertaining a coil but never rode one. I'll see what I can find. I know people rave about the CCDB. Any others that people recommend?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Cool. I was entertaining a coil but never rode one. I'll see what I can find. I know people rave about the CCDB. Any others that people recommend?
Elka or CCDB. I had a DHX 5 with the PUSH MX mod. It rode great, and the shock got rid of the stupid pedal feedback in the granny gear of my Nomad. But, I'm ready to try a CCDB.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Depends on what you ride most. If XC then send the Float to Push and save the additional weight gain with a coil. If mostly shuttle runs then go with a coil. If it's a toss up, I would lean towards getting it pushed just because they will setup the shock to your riding style.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What are the advantages of going coil on the Nomads? Other than big hit capabilities? I don't hit gaps or anything too crazy.3 or 4 foot drops/ledges and some smaller jumps to tranny are about it... I have young kids so don't ride like I'm 25 any more.

Maybe Pushing the float would be best.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
What are the advantages of going coil on the Nomads? Other than big hit capabilities? I don't hit gaps or anything too crazy.3 or 4 foot drops/ledges and some smaller jumps to tranny are about it... I have young kids so don't ride like I'm 25 any more.

Maybe Pushing the float would be best.
I had a DHX 5 with the PUSH MX mode on my 2008 Nomad, and one word. Small bump performance :thumbsup: That bike was like a couch.

Push did such a good job that they tuned out the pedal feedback in the granny ring as well.

Since I've already tried a DHX, I'm looking at a CCDB this time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.