Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 5'8" which puts me squarely in the Medium category. But I was looking at geo numbers and my current bike, a Bronson v2 which I think fits me well, has basically the same reach and stack as a size small Nomad. I also watched the Joy of Bike video about bike sizing and the RAD measurement, and it seems like they might be on to something with new bikes being way too big, basically a size up from what they used to be.

So here's my question. Anybody here size down on the Nomad and can report the result? Unfortunately I can't test ride both sizes, but my gut tells me sizing down might not be a bad idea, especially with such a big travel bike. I mean the size small nomad actually has a bigger wheelbase than my size medium Bronson.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I didn't size down but I'm smack bang in the middle of their size chart for a large (180ishcm) and it feels perfect and certainly not too big. I don't find it cumbersome in the slightest and certainly wouldn't want anything smaller (that's what she said). When I was buying my nomad I remember the salesman saying previous models he would have pushed me towards the xl but with how they are these days a large is bang on. Make of that what you will.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
I’ve been on three versions of L Nomad and all have felt good with the latest being the N5. I think the latest has been the best large yet and I really don’t feel it being too big at all. Personally I don’t think the Nomad is a bike you’d want to downsize on as it’s more a hard charging fast bike as is. If one were to consider downsizing I’d say the 5010 is the only bike I could see someone maybe wanting to do that but not a Nomad or Megatower etc…

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm 5'8" which puts me squarely in the Medium category. But I was looking at geo numbers and my current bike, a Bronson v2 which I think fits me well, has basically the same reach and stack as a size small Nomad. I also watched the Joy of Bike video about bike sizing and the RAD measurement, and it seems like they might be on to something with new bikes being way too big, basically a size up from what they used to be.

So here's my question. Anybody here size down on the Nomad and can report the result? Unfortunately I can't test ride both sizes, but my gut tells me sizing down might not be a bad idea, especially with such a big travel bike. I mean the size small nomad actually has a bigger wheelbase than my size medium Bronson.
I'm 5'7, just the beginning of size medium for my Pivot Mach 6. It was gigantic on me, small fit perfect. Try and demo to find your size cause the geo doesn't really help to find what actually fits best.

·
Registered
986 Posts
I would stick with a medium and give the longer geo a fair try. I went from a bronson v2 -> nomad v4 -> megatower and tallboy v4.

All have been large and at the time I thought they fit. The latest geo is definitely faster and more stable. I really can’t imagine how small that bronson would feel in comparison now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.