Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
I'm 5'11", and I'm on a large. In no way does it feel too big. Rode the medium when I was fitting the bike and felt too cramped. I like the slightly longer wheelbase when pointing it downhill. Hope this helps.

·
Ride Good or Eat Wood
606 Posts
I'm 6' 2' and on a large. I also have a large GT hardtail and the Nomad is much tighter in the cockpit. That being said, a medium would have been too small. At 6' you may be right on the border between a medium and large. Will depend on how you like to ride it and what sort of riding.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm about 5.10 and was looking at a medium. I currently ride a medium Blur LT 2007 model which has a 22.5 TT compare to the Nomad 22.75 TT. Anyone around 5.10 that rides a medium. I am also on the cusp between sizes.

Lets go guys there are a lot of Nomad rides, lets hear your feedback.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm about 5.10 and was looking at a medium. I currently ride a medium Blur LT 2007 model which has a 22.5 TT compare to the Nomad 22.75 TT. Anyone around 5.10 that rides a medium. I am also on the cusp between sizes.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Tyson2007 said:

I'm 5" 10 1/2" and am riding a 08 medium w/ a 50mm stem. It fits pretty well, but I'm sure a large would fit me too.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I've a Nomad2 in S Size with 45 mm stem. I'm 165cm - 5' 5" tall, I have a longer torso, shorter legs. I test a friend M size and its better for high speed but I don`t like in zig zag trails.

I prefer the flick-able feeling.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Tyson2007 said:

I am the same HT as you. My 2009 NomadMKII was a Medium. All my bikes are medium size frames. I guess it depends on what you like and how long your legs are. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm 5'10", 178cm... I'm thinking of having a Large Nomad since the geometry is similar to my Medium Yeti 575... I want to build the Nomad more to a DH/FR route, while my 575 will cover the AM/XC side... Anyone has a same experience or advice? I haven't decided between Large or Medium...

·
Registered
82 Posts
itoncool said:
I'm 5'10", 178cm... I'm thinking of having a Large Nomad since the geometry is similar to my Medium Yeti 575... I want to build the Nomad more to a DH/FR route, while my 575 will cover the AM/XC side... Anyone has a same experience or advice? I haven't decided between Large or Medium...
I'm 1" taller than you and that's the exact reason I chose the large. I'm building it to handle light freeride and feel comfortable at Whistler, even if it's not a downhill bike. The longer wheelbase helps it feel a bit more stable at speed. The Totem and RC4 don't hurt either :thumbsup:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.