Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone with a nomad (in this case a 2012) know if there is a size label on the bike? I am considering purchasing one unseen/ used and want to confirm the size if possible. They told me it was "about" 24 inches.... Could be a large or XL. Just wondering if it is labeled. Would save any guessing. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Just have the seller measure the seat tube and the head tube.
Then, you just compare the measurements to the GEO chart on the SC website.
Seat tube should be measured from the center of the BB/crank spindle to the top of the tube.
Head tube should be measured total length-minus the headset.
Hard to screw up taking those measurements.
Top tube-both actual and effective can be open to "interpretation" depending on who is doing the measuring.
There are size stickers on SC bikes-usually on the back of the seat tube, but they often fall off or get peeled off.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I'm pretty sure the sierial number will begine with the size of the frame. I have a tallboy frame that is XL and the serial number shows this. My I think my XL carbon nomad does too, but it's too dirty right now to see.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
Does anyone with a nomad (in this case a 2012) know if there is a size label on the bike? I am considering purchasing one unseen/ used and want to confirm the size if possible. They told me it was "about" 24 inches.... Could be a large or XL. Just wondering if it is labeled. Would save any guessing. Thanks!!
I used the headtube measurement to confirm sizing when I needed to nail down the size of a Nomad. It's easy to measure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.