Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 967 Posts

·
No, that's not phonetic
Joined
·
14,313 Posts
Alright! Doug gets his freak on! That thing is beautiful.

I'm gonna come through your neck of the desert after Interbike. Hope to see you and the rest of the So Utah OTB gang for a weekend ride, perhaps. Meeting at Chums Sat morning? Maybe we can do a little bike swapping :) .

Take it easy,
Philip
 

·
aka baycat
Joined
·
8,480 Posts
Hot damn that is a sweet ride! I really like the blue, we need a detailed ride report. And if you can post what your build was?
 

·
aka baycat
Joined
·
8,480 Posts
Hot damn that is a sweet ride! I really like the blue, we need a detailed ride report. And if you can post what your build was.....


happy riding
 

·
...
Joined
·
603 Posts
Yes, first impressions please

Nice rig! The blue is way better than I thought it would be.

So, how does that beast climb? Do you like the AM1? How about the set up, and how deep does she tip the scale?

Thanks,

Porch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sat 7:00AM

tscheezy said:
Alright! Doug gets his freak on! That thing is beautiful.

I'm gonna come through your neck of the desert after Interbike. Hope to see you and the rest of the So Utah OTB gang for a weekend ride, perhaps. Meeting at Chums Sat morning? Maybe we can do a little bike swapping :) .

Take it easy,
Philip
Yeah, come ride with us. We are going to do a nice trail on the Saturday after Interbike.

The OTB gang will be there I'm sure, at least a few of us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update

Porchsong said:
Nice rig! The blue is way better than I thought it would be.

So, how does that beast climb? Do you like the AM1? How about the set up, and how deep does she tip the scale?

Thanks,

Porch
Here is a new picture taken this morning. I threw on my 8" rotor on the front and I like it a lot better. Once you get used to the bigger rotors it is hard to go back. The bike pedals like a dream. You can stand up and crank on it while climbing and it feels solid. It is smooth coming downhill and the geometry is sweet. It weighs in at about 32 lbs.

I love the Marzocchi AM1, it is a nice fork, very adjustable and smooth as a Marzocchi. I had a Nixon previously and it never felt as nice as the AM1. So far I am very happy and I can not wait to give it a good workout this weekend.

I have a lot more pictures if anyone is interested. Close ups.
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
Shuntavi said:
Yeah, come ride with us. We are going to do a nice trail on the Saturday after Interbike.

The OTB gang will be there I'm sure, at least a few of us.

Hey Shuntavi,

Great pic's !!! Can't wait for the Nomad to hit the shores of Blighty. Will be upgrading the Heckler for sure !

Are you running a 'continuous' rear mech cable outer with no 'breaks' in it ??? If so that's a great feature for keeping the crud out, but where did you find an outer long enough for the job ???

Cheers,

M.
 

·
No, that's not phonetic
Joined
·
14,313 Posts
Any bike shop should be able to sell you der housing in bulk by the foot. I buy it in 25' rolls. He is running full-length as evidenced in this pic:



Thanks for all the pics, Doug! You are a true gentleman. :) I want to check out your shop when we come through!
 

·
aka baycat
Joined
·
8,480 Posts
tscheezy said:
Any bike shop should be able to sell you der housing in bulk by the foot. I buy it in 25' rolls. He is running full-length as evidenced in this pic:



Thanks for all the pics, Doug! You are a true gentleman. :) I want to check out your shop when we come through!
What is that hose running to the rear derailuer?
 

·
All Mt, DH
Joined
·
488 Posts
Nice pics.... makes me want one... already have 3 SC bikes, they very nice indeed. ;)
 
1 - 20 of 967 Posts
Top