Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i was reading the german mag review of the Nomad, posted on the SC site, and the mag measured 155 mm of rear travel (not 165).

10 mm is not a huge deal but i'm curious if anyone has read other independent reports that the nomad has less travel than SC claims.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Good lord, that's old news. Yeah fro, this came up from a European mag about a year ago...probably the same mag. I put my Nomad in the stand and plugged in an old Fox RC...even posted pics on it back then. The bumper was removed from the shock shaft and the rear suspension compressed. Wheel travel at the axle was 6.5" in a straight line, which might result in a tiny bit more if you have the snap to measure actual axle path in the arc.

·
Registered
729 Posts
165mm

I asked Darren from Push industries if he had measure the travel of the Nomad using his equipment (data acquisition) and his response was that it has 165mm of travel. To me it feels like more than 6.5 when set up correctly but that is just me..........

frorider said:
so i was reading the german mag review of the Nomad, posted on the SC site, and the mag measured 155 mm of rear travel (not 165).

10 mm is not a huge deal but i'm curious if anyone has read other independent reports that the nomad has less travel than SC claims.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.