Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have creak somewhere, when cranking hard.

When I bought the frame (used) I did the antiseize on all the piviots before I built up and all was good. I had done a stem swap and thought it sounded like it was something up front. I checked out the stem,HS and all seems good.

I have done allot of stream crossings in the past two weeks, so I thought I would check the BB. When I pulled it the water ran out. After drilling a small hole in the BB, I regrease the threads and installed, but the creak is still there. I'm guessing I will have to disassemble the piviots,clean and apply some more antiseize.

One question for all that has had creaks, does the sound transmit though the frame and sound like its coming from the front end (bars,stem,headset)? I can't really tell where it's coming from.

Side note: I went to a shorter stem (Sunline 50mm) from a Thompson 70mm. I used for one ride, I think I'm going to like it. Easy to get the front end up when needed, didn't seem to hurt at all climbing.

Attachments

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The creak must have been the lower link. I took apart,cleaned and applied more antiseize and the creak is gone.

One question, the four lower link inside seals are a little worn and and don't fit quite right. I'm wondering if these seals can be purchased or a o-ring replacement is possible? I would think I could match up the outer diameter of the bearing with an o-ring. I know it would be as good as the original seals, but it would get me through until I do a propack.

Did SC quit using the seals? I don't see the outer seal in this picture from the VPP Linkage Overhaul Pictorial sticky . You can see the bearing seal, but no outer seal.
I know SC has a Nomad Bearing Kit Rev 2.

I still see the seals included in the propack kit.:confused:

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.