Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Some Assembly Required
4,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I think SC should re-route the ft shifter cable to the right side of the top tube and around the head tube into the ft shifter. The way it goes now, (down the left side of top tube), it looks like it could bind up the cable as it comes out past the head tube and then has to curl back into the ft shifter on the same side. Now I guess I'm making much-a-do-about-nothing as I have scrolled through the Nomad pic thread and no one mentions it as a problem. Heck I haven't got to ride mine on th' trail yet so I guess it's a moot point....pfft, can't wait to get'er dirty....mmmm, this is gonna be her lucky day.

·
Old man on a bike
12,395 Posts
Can't say I've ever thought about my front derailleur housing once I installed it, except when I was using it to anchor my gravity dropper housing.

·
COOL BUZZ & TASTY S-TRACK
1,110 Posts
No problem, mine is run that way and my Heckler was the same. The only thing is you will probably get a heavy rub, nothing a little clear 3M tape won't take care of. I like the looks of the shifter cables routing that way. If you get them the right lengths (or close) on both front and rear, it looks very clean the way both sweep back on the same side as the shifter.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
man w/ one hand said:
I think SC should re-route the ft shifter cable to the right side of the top tube and around the head tube into the ft shifter. The way it goes now, (down the left side of top tube), it looks like it could bind up the cable as it comes out past the head tube and then has to curl back into the ft shifter on the same side.QUOTE]

I'd tend to agree, as I already run my rear shifter around the HT and down the left side, and cross it over to the right just above the bottom bracket. The brake line I run down the right side.

The shifter housing has a much smoother curve this way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.