Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Santa's been nice to me and I seriously think about getting a 2016 Nomad. The SC sizing chart tells me to buy a Large (I am 6.1 and 200lbs) but I read reviews that said the sizing was on the smaller side of the scale and thought I may opt for an XL.
I currently ride a Large 29er Specialized Stumpjumper FSR.
What would you recommend ?
PS : I unfortunately don't have a demo shop nearby
Thanks for your help.

Sébastien
Chamonix, France

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
You should use the Geo chart for both bikes to help you. Compare top tube, stack, etc and find the size that comes close to your stumpy and go with that size (also take into account if your stumpy felt small/large). Make sure to check wheelbase length and compare those too. Nomad rides big with 65' head angle.

I'm 5 ft 10.5 inches on a good day and the large is perfect.

·
Ride Fast Take Chances :)
3,329 Posts
I would size up. XL if you're 6'1". I'm 6'4: and ride a XXL tallboy. fits perfect with a 50mm stem. Nomads are great with a 35mm or similar stem and an Xl will let you go that short.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I would size up to the XL. I'm 6'1" and their frames tend to run on the small side. I bought a Large 5010 a year ago and regretted it almost immediately. Test drove it...it felt ok...figured it'd be ok. Being 6'1" is a tough height when dealing with bike frames because you're right on that line between sizes, but I'd go up a size. Sold my 5010 and bought an XL Tallboy...love it, fits much better.

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
OK thanks all. I guess XL is the way to go.
What is the reach of your current bike?

The large Nomad is only 438 mm compared to the large Bronson and Hightower which are both 450 mm. Making a blind recommendation I would say definitely go XL unless you are on a really small bike right now.

·
Registered
177 Posts
i had a large nomad3 and always felt it a littlebit small. could do a testride on a xl a few weeks ago and it was like a glove. perfect fit for my 6´1".

1 - 7 of 7 Posts