Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a pic of my new unridden bike that I've just built up as you can see the lower link lower pivot alignment is not evenly spaced, is that OK? the wheel appears to be tracking straight and centrally so should I worry?

If so how do I correct it - I have already stripped it down and rebuilt it but it comes out with the same spacing?

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had an issue with my blt2. the upper link where the rear triangle connects was missing a 'hat washer' right from the factory making things squeak like crazy after a few rides. long story short, my lbs received another blt2 in after a few weeks and noticed it had one on each side. kind of a pain after spending a lot of money for the bike. anyways, maybe they screwed up on your bike too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
its the way it should be

It does look weird, but if you look at the way the pivot axle goes together, the head of the axle actually "pushes" the link all the way to one side of that space. No matter how wide that space is, the link will be pushed to one side.
The Heckler, Superlight, Blur LT2 and new Nomad 2 are all like that, seems like the "new way" so the bearing spacing, or the old "shortened axle" issues are resolved.
Those intimate with Santa Cruz mechanically will know what I'm referring to.

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
eleven-yo said:
It does look weird, but if you look at the way the pivot axle goes together, the head of the axle actually "pushes" the link all the way to one side of that space. No matter how wide that space is, the link will be pushed to one side.
The Heckler, Superlight, Blur LT2 and new Nomad 2 are all like that, seems like the "new way" so the bearing spacing, or the old "shortened axle" issues are resolved.
Those intimate with Santa Cruz mechanically will know what I'm referring to.
Now that makes sense. That was a relatively simple solution. Progress marches on. We get to see our first of the new models sometime next week. I'll check out that link deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.