Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Hybrid Leftys aren't real
16,486 Posts
Nope, can't run 'em over hydraulic lines. I do know several folks that use them with BB7's, and find a nice increase is solidity, power, and feel at the lever. Since they are sealed from end to end, they also provide better weather tightness, so a properly installed set should run at least a year or so, and feel great the whole time. Since they are compressionless, they do offer a bit better shift performance, and the colors give you a nice chance to add some bling too. :D

·
noMAD man
12,227 Posts
Initially when they came out, we used the system at the shop on some shop and customer bikes. They seemed to add some performance to cable brakes and shifting. Over time, however, I don't think there's any noticeable performance increase. The housing lasts longer and looks cool, but maybe that's it. For me, not enough to justify cost and a little hassle putting them together. Full length runs of regular housing worked darned well.

·
Ti Fat
261 Posts
PimpinD said:
dry cables? link, explanation? thanks

hehe
I just googled Dry Cables, and the site says that they are out of business. I bought them a year or so ago to replace the Gore Ride-On cables that I loved. They(Gore) went away for a while, but apparently are back. The Dry Cables are almost an exact copy of the Gore's, so maybe they infringed on the patent? I don't know.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.