Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My mom just took a job in Oklahoma, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is ANY freeride scene there. If not, she is looking at buying a few acres and if there are any freeriders in the norman, ok. city area who would be interested in building a few things im all for it.

·
noMAD man
12,220 Posts
I'm sure others will respond, but if you could hear from Cooter on this site, he'd be a great source of info. You hear from different folks occasionally here on this forum about good places in OK...Devil's Den, etc. Cooter moved to Kansas last year but knows the OK riding scene pretty well when it comes to DH/FR.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Not much here in central OK but we do have a DH course in SE oklahoma in Clayton. We also make regular trips to Arkansas to ride and would love to have more along.. We have a great skatepark too. I live about 30 minutes north of norman. pretty flat and the local club is not DH friendly. I would help build FR stuff. Currently, I am working on some DJ's in my back yard.

there are about 5 DH riders here in central OK. Some more active than others.

Tulsa has some stunts. It is about 2.5 hrs away from norman.

·
Registered
662 Posts
yeah, www.tulsafreeriders.com is the site to look at for the oklahoma 'freeride' scene. We're all in Keystone, CO right now, but will be back next sunday

turkey mountain in tulsa is a cool spot to go ride, it's only about 1.5 hours from OKC/Norman area, and like Franky said, DD and clayton and and a super secret spot that if you are around enough and cool, we'll letcha in on:)

·
DIRTYAMERICAN
334 Posts
Cooter. said:
yeah, www.tulsafreeriders.com is the site to look at for the oklahoma 'freeride' scene. We're all in Keystone, CO right now, but will be back next sunday

turkey mountain in tulsa is a cool spot to go ride, it's only about 1.5 hours from OKC/Norman area, and like Franky said, DD and clayton and and a super secret spot that if you are around enough and cool, we'll letcha in on:)
You forgot to tell him that if he parks at Turkey to be sure and back into a parking spot. :thumbsup:

·
USB Rep'n
2,413 Posts
jdude said:
You forgot to tell him that if he parks at Turkey to be sure and back into a parking spot. :thumbsup:
yeah, and don't drop the soap! :eekster: or is don't come dressed as a sheep...whatever.

·
Registered
713 Posts
karpiel666 said:
My mom just took a job in Oklahoma, and I was wondering if anyone knew if there is ANY freeride scene there. If not, she is looking at buying a few acres and if there are any freeriders in the norman, ok. city area who would be interested in building a few things im all for it.
I didn't think OK would hold much except tornado's but after viewing the tulsa freeriders site, you're a lucky SOB :thumbsup:

http://www.tulsafreeriders.com/newpics.htm
http://www.tulsafreeriders.com/newpics2.htm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.