Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
5,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at least over here in Europe the 2.2" version of the now famous Nokian NBX is available.550g, not as light as hoped but if it's nearly as fast rolling as the 2.0" it's still a great tire.
in Germany Starbike.com lists it at 32.90 Euro

and here's the spec-sheet of the Nokian website:
http://www.nokiantyres.com/bike/xcspecs/index.htm

· Registered
4,188 Posts
Thanks for the update, looking forward to trying these puppies out.
Have you seen any actually inflated so you can see actual size?
I know the 2.0 is more like 1.85 and that doesn't inspire confidence in a 200 pound guy like me :D

Thanks for anymore info you may have.

· Registered
1,266 Posts
The rolling resistance on this tire? Tested?

nino said:
at least over here in Europe the 2.2" version of the now famous Nokian NBX is available.550g, not as light as hoped but if it's nearly as fast rolling as the 2.0" it's still a great tire.
in Germany Starbike.com lists it at 32.90 Euro

and here's the spec-sheet of the Nokian website:
http://www.nokiantyres.com/bike/xcspecs/index.htm
Just wondering how you know about the rolling resistance on this new 2.2 version..

From personal riding or has there been some testing done? Anything published?

· Registered
1,266 Posts
How about it the rear goes bald...lower watts?

DMFT said:
Nino's post reads : "if it's nearly as fast"................
Doh!.....missed the "if"

But as long as we're on the subject of rolling resistance, I have a fairly worn 2.0 and am wondering now as it approaches a slick in the rear, as to how much that would bring down the rolling resistance watts rating. New it tested at 21.2, so how do you think it would test with the entire center row of knobs almost gone?

I've been using it out on the roads, pumped up to 47 psi and the rather rough pavement where I ride is wearing the back tire away quickly....
But its fast. If I can draft some roadies, I can almost hang with em on some downhills, but I've got to get real close.....buzz their rear tires with my front knobby and tuck way down.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.