Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some help for determining chainstay clearance prior to buying tires.

Can someone please give me diameter measurements for a 26" Nokian Gazzalodi 3.0 mounted and inflated wheelset please?

Also, do you get a true 3" tread, if so what width rim are you running?

Thanks!

·
Can't get right...
556 Posts
Helibee said:
Looking for some help for determining chainstay clearance prior to buying tires.

Can someone please give me diameter measurements for a 26" Nokian Gazzalodi 3.0 mounted and inflated wheelset please?

Thanks!
They r pretty wide!. Rim width determines how big it actually is. What frame r u planning on putting this tire on? my friend had a 26 Doublewide rim w/ 3.0 fit on his super 8 but that was a tight fit. Icouldnt do it with a 26 so went down to a 24. It depends on the frame really. sorry i have no measurements cause my gazz is sitting on the wall unmounted.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
IMO...it is worthless to run that big of a tire....it is too big to roll so it makes pedaling harder....do yourself a favor and get the Michelin 2.8 32AT....smaller and better rolling....How much do you weigh anyway??

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is for a snowbike that I'm building and am looking for the floatation. It's going on a SS Blacksheep Ti custom 29er that "should" have the clearance necessary, but I want to be certain before buying the tires and building the wheels up. Thanks for any assistance.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,009 Posts
Helibee said:
This is for a snowbike that I'm building and am looking for the floatation. It's going on a SS Blacksheep Ti custom 29er that "should" have the clearance necessary, but I want to be certain before buying the tires and building the wheels up. Thanks for any assistance.
my bad...PM Dewey...he rides in the snow all the time
http://forums.mtbr.com/member.php?u=239379

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
Helibee said:

Thanks!
It's [email protected] wide. Possibly even wider than a true 3.0. I run them on 36 mm Halo SAS wheels. I run the 24 inch version though. It's heavy though. REALLY heavy. It's not worth it. The traction seems dodgy at times. And there's definitely a lot of flex since it has insanely tall sidewalls. I still have 2 of the 24s sitting in my room with like 70 percent tread. They were just too heavy. I ended up throwing on Hookworms for getting around. And have a 2.6 Gazzi for the rear and a 2.75 Arrow Racing Prime Bite in the front. They track extremely well. I love the Arrow Racing tires.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
Quick specs Gazzi 26x3.0 on a HED DH 45mm rim @ ~30psi:

Casing and tread width 71.5mm/2.84"
radius to widest point tread 346mm
radius to top of tread 356mm (diameter 712mm/28")

·
SNOWRIDER
1,564 Posts
SHIVER ME TIMBERS said:
]

Si' Senor....but you probably had the most knowledge that is why i sent him to you
I haven't run the Nokians I run the Michies on my dh bike Sorry :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.