Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 4 rides I’ve lost 10 studs on the rear tire (none on the front) riding over mixed terrain (mostly ice, snow, a little rock and dirt). On the SS, I can’t spin up the hills. I gave the tires half of the recommended 30 mile pavement break-in.

Nokian’s site says that the studs cannot be replaced. Does anyone know of a workaround? I know that Innova makes a replacement kit for their tires but I didn’t think it was compatible with the Nokians. I fear that I'm losing studs overly fast. Any suggestions?

·
Alaska Turner Mafia
1,120 Posts
Hal, here might be another option for you: check with Cabela's. In their catalogs, in the fishing section, they used to sell some wading boots made by Nokian for really slimy conditions. Their boots had lugs that would accept studs, and replacement studs could be ordered in case you lost any. The kit has 70 studs and an insertion tool. The studs may be a wee bit taller than the stock studded tire studs, but hey, a bit taller is better than none.

If Cabela's doesn't carry them any more, send me a PM with your name and address and I'll send you a kit, since I ordered three or four, and one may last me a lifetime.

Rando

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.