Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got my stp back from the shop and now when i ride, every cople of seconds there is a sound, its kind of a squeek i really dont now how to discribe it.

the only thing i no is it isnt coming from the driveline stuff(crank chain derailer ect) and it will sound like it is coming from the front and then sometimes it will sond like it is coming from the back. it is driving me insane :madman:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:thumbsup: thx

i wish i could describe it better but it so hard to trace

is there any chance iy could be like the frame(to me thats what it sounds like)

·
Registered
513 Posts
It's hard to say since it wasn't doing before you took it in to the shop. Not sure what you had done to the bike while it was in there, but I'm sure they raised the post to put it in the stand, maybe some foreign debris got in there. If they had the cranks off, the same thing could've happened. Best thing to do is take the bike back asap and tell them your problems and they should get you squared away no questions asked.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JGill said:
It's hard to say since it wasn't doing before you took it in to the shop. Not sure what you had done to the bike while it was in there, but I'm sure they raised the post to put it in the stand, maybe some foreign debris got in there. If they had the cranks off, the same thing could've happened. Best thing to do is take the bike back asap and tell them your problems and they should get you squared away no questions asked.
well i got hit by a car (not my falt) and since my bike is under warnty the trued my front wheel and baicly with brute force straightend my crank all for free, if i would of had some money i would of bought a new crank but they fixed it up pritty good they did some other stuff but i dont rember whatelse

it did it once or twice before i took it in but now it does it alot, it was them or the car lol

just a ? if a frame had a crack could it flex and squeek

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i dont feel like making a new thread so i have another ?

what is a good chain guide for a single chainring and dosent alow the chain to rub at all on the top guide if possible, i was thinking the e 13 srs is that any good

i dont now much about mtb spacific parts (like that) i have only had 20" bmx bikes

·
Registered
513 Posts
Wow, that sucks! I suppose it could. A common source of squeeks is with the bottom bracket too. But there is no saying what it could be after a fight with a car. Honestly, I'd take it back to them and see if would remove the bottom bracket clean the frame out and reinstall it-check the brakes-and spend some decent time on a test ride to see what they can come up with. Again, with the whole car accident thing, new parts would be a safe bet (even frame, but might not be necessary). Just let them spend some time with it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess i am making a trip to the shop tomarow lol

if i had some money i would put on NEW PARTS but i am so damn poor right now lol

btw geting hit buy a car right as you are leaving to go ride will really f**k your day up

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got hit by a car once, it broke my leg though, not the bike. I was so glad my pimped out Zaskar was still in once piece. (Yes, it was the 90's)

What cranks does that bike have. If they are aluminum, bending them straight may not be the best idea.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
crakbot said:
I got hit by a car once, it broke my leg though, not the bike. I was so glad my pimped out Zaskar was still in once piece. (Yes, it was the 90's)

What cranks does that bike have. If they are aluminum, bending them straight may not be the best idea.
TruVativ Hussefelt crankset, Howitzer bottom bracket

·
Registered
57 Posts
If your bike was under warrenty, why wern't the broke/bent parts replaced. Sounds like they not doing what they can. They should know better than to "straighten" out aluminum cranks. Cromo yes, but alu, thats dangerous.

·
Registered
555 Posts
check the rear disc brake, my rear will squek(wait, what?) even when my disc is clearing the pads, it sounds EXACTLY like bad hubs. Pull your brake a lil bit til your brakes start to grab, if the squek goes away, then its your brakes...

Oh yeah I have a stp to pretty sweet ride.....

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
neabailey said:
If your bike was under warrenty, why wern't the broke/bent parts replaced. Sounds like they not doing what they can. They should know better than to "straighten" out aluminum cranks. Cromo yes, but alu, thats dangerous.
they said the they couldnt get the company to replce the for some strange reason but they seam fine i droped 4 ft wall and the bike sounded sturdy accept that squeak

·
Registered
513 Posts
DRT-JUMP said:
what type of grease
I always use Phil Wood. Any decent shop will have some. Automotive grease always seems to make a huge mess of things... Look for a good water proof grease(if you can find some close by somewhere) and just lightly coat the bottom of the post and put a little on the clamp bolt.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JGill said:
I always use Phil Wood. Any decent shop will have some. Automotive grease always seems to make a huge mess of things... Look for a good water proof grease(if you can find some close by somewhere) and just lightly coat the bottom of the post and put a little on the clamp bolt.
thanks for the help i fixed most of the problem by tightening the rear brake it was really loose but now i just have a little squeak so i bet its the seat post

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.