Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i was at Hardwood...

nogearshere said:
hitting albion (again) between 230 and 3 sunday aft...its a free country y'all are welcome...
perfect conditions - rode couple of laps on the 8hrs course and then did gnarly... didnt want to hit radical with half the fuel tank... my new ride felt like cadillac with it's 5 inches of travel... i can see it being more fun on all mountain rides with my buddies, than my 4 inches of travel, light bike...

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
some pics...

osokolo said:
perfect conditions - rode couple of laps on the 8hrs course and then did gnarly... didnt want to hit radical with half the fuel tank... my new ride felt like cadillac with it's 5 inches of travel... i can see it being more fun on all mountain rides with my buddies, than my 4 inches of travel, light bike...
my buddy on his ass landed just like that when he saw drops and was unsure of the line... he leaned against the fence that broke off under his weight and he just went over it... it was funny...

Attachments

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Id pics...

osokolo said:
in orange, Talas RLC, RP3, Sram XO, Race Face Deus, Chris King w/ Mavic 819
here is my new ride... my first 5" travel bike - it is a lot of fun.. the head tube is slacker than most 5" travel bikes, but not slack enough to lose responsiveness in corners... high BB is phenomenal, i can clear some crazy logs and rocks without even touching them with crank rings...

XO trigger shifters are sweeeeet.... significant improvement over X9, which i thought were better than XTR 952...

Attachments

·
sock puppet
8,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
hehe...

nogearshere said:
ookie pokie you bringing your baby, doll?
yeah, that is my grocery getter, having in mind gasoline prices...

it was good meeting you and arek today... i even didnt mind being spanked up the green monster... good race both of you...

·
Misfit Psycles
2,772 Posts
osokolo said:
yeah, that is my grocery getter, having in mind gasoline prices...

it was good meeting you and arek today... i even didnt mind being spanked up the green monster... good race both of you...
you took it like a champ...it was a stacked race for me and the fact that you and arek both lined up says something for you...that bloody skinny character made a bloody charge at the end..

btw sean wants to make some sort of event like that a weekly thing. ideas for next week are welcome.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.