Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I don't remember their names but there's at least two people on this forum using it. One guy races and has been using a hacked version of the original Di2 for over a year. There are random bikes on the internet using it. Tons of roadies and cross riders are using it. The weightweenies site has a lot of smart guys that can answer any questions you have. There's a firmware upgrade so now you can multi-shift.

I should have my new cross bike (Super X Ultegra Di2) within two weeks. Should be awesome.

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20130301-213822.jpg

Di2 su Flash | eliflap

i made a CNC custom der hanger to solve the problem of RD cage capacity , a big issue with a XX Sram 11-36T cassette ...

now a little minor adjustement on the hanger and I try to install it on my Flash ...

what about this issue ?

similar experiences ?

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I have the hots for it after getting a road and cross bike set up with it last year.
K-Edge is doing shifters and has a cage for Ultegra Di2....
It may happen for me this season....and then there's the rumors of XTR Di2 coming soon

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sure, XTR Di2 is being testing since 2 months from pro teams ...

but the challenge is to use what is made for other purpose ... :)

·
Registered
510 Posts
I'm still in planning stage. I'm running 1x10 and will be using a custom seatpost battery. The fun part I'm working on is running one button on/under/next to each grip. Left hand will shift to a lower gear, right hand will shift to a harder gear. Should keep it simple when I'm blurry eyed, 4 hours in to my epic.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
One thing I would like to see is have the buttons opposed...like new triggers.
So your thumb would downshift....and your index finger would upshift.

·
Registered
510 Posts
since the buttons I'm planning are custom, they could technically live anywhere. One friend suggested I just use the actual Shimano "Sprint" shifters. I was just trying to hold down expense a little.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I had an old electronic shifter from the 90's. The buttons were pretty small and aligned vertically and about 10mm from each other. Way too close.
My ideal set up would be rear upshift by the right grip, rear downshift by the left grip and just a single button for the front derailer, a little larger and placed on the left.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have made a lightweight custom 1x10 di2 for mtb.

I have a completely custom rear harness with 26awg silver wires, heat shrink tubes, and custom battery plug (JST).

Front haress is stock Shimano, but I have changed the plug to work with Sprint shifters.

Weight:

Front harness (contol box) with Sprint shifters: 23g
Rear harness: 29g (shimano stock is 80g)
Battery: 16g (shimano stock is 70g)

RD: Shimano Di2 with Fibrelyte pulleys: 206g

Total: 274g

Works great, shift down with right hand, shift up with left hand. Battery is 250mah, but works for a long time, because it's the front derailleur that really uses a lot of energy.

Attachments

·
FIRENZE rulez !!
3,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have made a lightweight custom 1x10 di2 for mtb.

I have a completely custom rear harness with 26awg silver wires, heat shrink tubes, and custom battery plug (JST).

Front haress is stock Shimano, but I have changed the plug to work with Sprint shifters.

Weight:

Front harness (contol box) with Sprint shifters: 23g
Rear harness: 29g (shimano stock is 80g)
Battery: 16g (shimano stock is 70g)

RD: Shimano Di2 with Fibrelyte pulleys: 206g

Total: 274g

Works great, shift down with right hand, shift up with left hand. Battery is 250mah, but works for a long time, because it's the front derailleur that really uses a lot of energy.

nice work.

did you modify the rear harness too ?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts