Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I´m wondering that there are no bikers left using Ultra Fatty forks anymore..all gone to the Lefty?
I´m using a Ultra Fatty DLR 80mm on my 2007 Scalpel and i´m still very pleased.
I just concern about losing some air time to time. The feel and the design of the fork it´s enough for my needs
Any other feedback? Why did you move to Lefty?

·
BDB
76 Posts
I still got one on my 06 F600, never had any issue's with it so far either. (knock on wood) Seriously though, it only lost maybe 5 lbs of air during my last deployment! I'm gone once again so we'll see what happened when I return in a few more months.

Never rode a bike with a lefty but I love my Ultra Fatty DLR!

·
LA CHÈVRE
9,429 Posts
I still have one on one of my bikes but... it's an old Fatty SL. I had to chage a seal after a few years and now it's completely seized because I use it as a commuter and it has spent a few winter under the snow with a not so in shape boot so water/dirt/ice got in and now it's fully rigid... my fault and I don't mind, it's my commuter bike and it still gets ridden everyday year round.

Why go Lefty? More travel is one thing but they are also available in different versions with different feel. Progressive air sprung, linear coil sprung, SPV, TPC, Fox Terralogic, Fox RLC... Nothing wrong with Headshoks but the Lefty just offers more travel, options and so on.

·
Super Moderator
6,809 Posts
I love my 2006 Fatty DLR 80mm. It steers my bike with laser-like precision, and is one of the lightest, stiffest front suspensions out there still. I was nearly going to consider a RS SID WC....but then again WHY fix something that is not broken?

·
Registered
410 Posts
strong and stiff, 80 is plenty, but i guess i feel a bit nostalgic about it.

the headshok is one of the main reasons i have bought cannondale for the last ten plus years. it was an incredible piece of intelligent innovation in 92, and through its refinements remains to be a brilliant choice light, low travel, low maintenance fork. a good fun fork!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i think i won't need to replace any bearing i just need to pump some air. Gooood i sãs wondering i was the last guy using it i don't see them that often anymore.
Offtopic where can i buy a new boot online? Can't find it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.