Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay did this trail today...and it is quoted as being a truly "Epic" ride...well I read a review from someone from Colorado, and I must concur...if your FROM California and have not experienced riding elsewhere then YES it would be considered a hell of a ride...but as the guy from Colorado said rating it for Cali its rated 5 star...if you include it for us from the east and it is about a 2 maybe 3 out of 5 stars...what was "killer" today was the 8.2 miles UP THE FRIGGIN MOUNTAIN ON AN ASPHALT ROAD!!!! How is this "mountain biking"...shi* and the grade was like Illchester Rd back home...crap it was the longest "hike-a-bike"...now I give huge kudos to the Cali boys that ride this UP...the down, yes it was long approx...40 minutes...but "advance" to "expert" ... AM bike...nah, not really, yeah got steep in a few spots and rocky....but hey, welcome to Cascade, Buzzard, the freeride area at Gambrill, and hey WE HAVE TREES AND ROOTS ON TOP OF IT...a little speed and the rocks were no problem...REALLY WISHED I HAD THE RIP FOR THIS...for that matter everything I have ridden would have been nicer with the RIP....weather wise...SPECTACULAR...there was a dusting of snow last night and it remained in the shadows, but the sun was very warm!!!

Forgot...Im riding by myself...opps LIONS...nah, not going to eat me...:)

The smooth pieces of trail.

The smoke WAY in the back ground is where I started....the bright streak in the back ground just below the sun is the freeway...this is from approx. 4800'

See the road below, thats "mountain biking"...now I could have ridin the trail up but that sucks to ride up the trail I am going to blast down....:)

HAHAHAHA....this IS not the top only 5.5 miles, still have 2.7 miles UP to go.

Beautiful Flora...

See the road cutting across the hilltop...thats approx. 6 miles and 4000'.

More beautiful Flora...Manzanites Tree

See couldn't get away from it even here in So Cal...:)

Tomorrow will be riding with my grand daughter at a local area first thing in the am...she actually asked her Mom and Grandmother if she could get some riding shorts for her ride with Papa tomorrow...takes after me...hahahaha.....

Check my Flickr account for the other pictures....

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,207 Posts
That's too bad you chose to do that particular route. That is the worst way to experience Noble. You probably only experienced a third of what that trail has to offer. And, by judging from the pictures in your Flicker account.... I'm fairly certain, I could show you plenty of features on Noble that would have pegged your pucker meter.

Next time ping a local for a proper tour.

What did you think of Anderson Truck trail?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DAMN...you got it Bro...you will be the first called for the "grand tour"...Anderson was fun on top...sure wish I could shuttle these places though...haven't had this much climbing since I was in NORCAL for the winter 2 years ago, very different than the east...
You look like Mountainbikebill??? Could it be??? Scott from Norcal suggested i get in touch with you if you are....great pictures, thanks.

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
4,207 Posts
Att

cableguy46 said:
DAMN...you got it Bro...you will be the first called for the "grand tour"...Anderson was fun on top...sure wish I could shuttle these places though...haven't had this much climbing since I was in NORCAL for the winter 2 years ago, very different than the east...
You look like Mountainbikebill??? Could it be??? Scott from Norcal suggested i get in touch with you if you are....great pictures, thanks.
Right on! How high up did you go on Anderson? Did you ride the section of trail where all of the features are?

Mountain Bike Bill?? How dare you? That dude is ugly as sin. I am much more refined and better smelling than he.

Attachments

·
Its only 1" on the map!
1,161 Posts
Aquaholic said:
Mountain Bike Bill?? How dare you? That dude is ugly as sin. I am much more refined and better smelling than he.
Yes Aqua you are much more of a dashing fellow (at least when you have your mini-skirt on). But refined? Come on, comparing the two us is like debating over the slight differences between Costco and SAMs Club TP.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Guys, only comparing cause the pictures were somewhat the same style...Scott Edwards told me about your blog site Bill when I was riding with him in NorCal almost 2 years ago...got all the info for the ride from your blog...thanks.
Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.