Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
verve825 said:
I'm in town (SD) for awhile, and, having ridden Noble on several occasions, am planning on riding the Cuyamaca/Noble Canyon Loop as described by MTB Bill here:

http://www.mountainbikebill.com/CuyamacaNobleLoop.htm

I'd love some company if anyone is interested.

Email verve825_at_gmail.com or phone (805.325.1244)

Regards,

jb
hope you like riding in the snow!

·
Who's riding today?
1,443 Posts
verve825 said:
Thanks for the heads-up; my sense was that there isn't a whole lot of snow up there at the moment, and that, given a few days of warmer weather, it'll melt enough to be rideable. Thoughts?
Rideable........ it matter how important it is to ride compared to how screwed up the trails get when ridden on when saturated with water from melted snow/ice. Noble is much better when a bit drier.

·
Master of the Face Plant
2,901 Posts
Thanks!

verve825 said:
Thanks for the info. I'm a huge proponent of waiting for trails to dry before riding them; I'll wait.
I was at the upper trailhead yesterday, not riding, just letting the kid play in the snow. The snow is melting and the trails are quite muddy and soft. We appreciate you waiting. Daley Ranch in Escondido is good to go though. I rode there 2 days ago and it is fine.

·
Who's riding today?
1,443 Posts
No doubt there WILL be people on bikes through out the county, regardless of the "ethics" of trail preservation and maintenance. I too want to send you (verve825) a BIG up for your thoughtfulness to let the trails set up after the rains/snow. THANK YOU!

Like a previous posted noted, Daley Ranch has enough good trails of decomposed granite and excellent runoff you can ride for hours and really enjoy yourself! At the high point on the network of trails you can even get a cool glimpse of the Pacific Ocean!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.