Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im wanting to do a nice wet and muddy downhill run on saturday, and I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on the current trail conditions for Anderson truck trail or Noble Canyon. Some snow is no big deal but if its to the point where you cant tell where the trail is... then that could be a problem. Any info? Thanks guys.
 

·
Who's riding today?
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Give the "mud" idea a rest. Perhaps head on out to "We-zee-ana" and play in the Mississippi if you want mud.

Noble is apparently sleeping under a white blanket and is in need of a "rest". ATT on the other hand is 99% perfect. Rode it today only to find smooth flowing track of decomposed granite that drains well. Nice grinding climb.........oy!

Could be until Spring that the Noble & Cuyamaca network of trails will be rideable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
197 Posts
I agree, the amount of damage you would do is not worth it. I saw some guys riding a small local trail today as we were heading out to do some trail work. Lets just say we were not too happy about how much damage they did. Maybe head out with a shovel instead of the bike?
 

·
I <3 Dirt
Joined
·
724 Posts
mtnbikermaniac said:
Hey guys Im wanting to do a nice wet and muddy downhill run on saturday, and I am wondering if anyone can fill me in on the current trail conditions for Anderson truck trail or Noble Canyon. Some snow is no big deal but if its to the point where you cant tell where the trail is... then that could be a problem. Any info? Thanks guys.
Took this pic Thursday afternoon near Lake Cuyamaca. Snow was about 1.5 deep at 4,800'. The top of Noble is 5,400' I think.
 

Attachments

·
Who's riding today?
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
Humerous.......to a degree

mtbcat said:
well i only hooked three none were keepers c u on the trails mtbcat.
We are so diligent to want to "protect" our dwindling trails. Another MTBR poster sent me an email exclaiming there were dozens of vehicles at the usual parking spot in Santee for the Sycamore run. That south end is the LAST place to ride after rains. I know there will be some ugly ruts and trail widening due to abuse by those that ride with that "whenever I want" attitude. I wouldn't go as low as others have suggested, that would be to go the parking area and slash all the tires of the "mud riders", ruining their possessions much like they are ruining the trails.

This totally sucks and will force the issue of close management or closure, much like other trails I won't mention for fear of some people my drown in their tears of lose.

I'm beginning to think differently.............If you see someone on the trail with a flat, DON'T offer them your spare tube. It's the riders that need a tube out there because they are unprepared, they will be the SAME riders in the mud........
 

·
ROBOTIC RESERVE
Joined
·
639 Posts
It’s real simple, just stay off the bike, I know it’s hard, but in the end our trails needed the rain. Anything is SD is not ridable, unless you like riding Lake Murray. Please do all of us a favor and fight the urge to ride.
 

·
Negative Rep Points!!!!
Joined
·
4,207 Posts
CEB said:
I'm beginning to think differently.............If you see someone on the trail with a flat, DON'T offer them your spare tube. It's the riders that need a tube out there because they are unprepared, they will be the SAME riders in the mud........
You sir... are extremely mean spirited.
 

Attachments

·
Master of the Face Plant
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
CEB said:
I'm beginning to think differently.............If you see someone on the trail with a flat, DON'T offer them your spare tube. It's the riders that need a tube out there because they are unprepared, they will be the SAME riders in the mud........
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Unprepared does not = irresponsible. I needed a tube the other day and a fellow rider hooked me up. I only needed a tube because I had given away my spare and forgotten to restock my pack.

I am with you on the trail damage though. I got a nice ride in on Sunday at Daley with no mud . After today though I think I will be riding around the bay for a few days.
 

·
Who's riding today?
Joined
·
1,422 Posts
sandmangts said:
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Unprepared does not = irresponsible. I needed a tube the other day and a fellow rider hooked me up. I only needed a tube because I had given away my spare and forgotten to restock my pack.

I am with you on the trail damage though. I got a nice ride in on Sunday at Daley with no mud . After today though I think I will be riding around the bay for a few days.
Frustrated and miffed as to how anyone can geek up the trails.....

.......o.k., I'll throw them a tube......BUT IF THERE IS MUD ON THEIR BIKE........

(breath deep Chip, everything will be O.K.......)

;-)
 

·
Master of the Face Plant
Joined
·
2,901 Posts
CEB said:
Frustrated and miffed as to how anyone can geek up the trails.....

.......o.k., I'll throw them a tube......BUT IF THERE IS MUD ON THEIR BIKE........

(breath deep Chip, everything will be O.K.......)

;-)
I feel your pain. I heard some equestrians talking about how the best time to ride is right after it rains because there are fewer bikers and hikers. Oh well, you can't fix stupid.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
sandmangts said:
I got a nice ride in on Sunday at Daley with no mud.
Did you happen to run into the group of female riders with santa hats and reindeer antlers (some even had their bikes wrapped for christmas with ribbon and bows).?

I bumped into them at the top of the climb outta Bobcat (Cougar Ridge) and they started single 'Jingle Bells' as I rode past. Couldnt stop laughing for the rest of my ride...:D

Sure hope it dries out enough for a Christmas day ride. Doesnt look hopeful though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
253 Posts
Looking at the Bright Side

Cool Breeze said:
Got this pic from a Ranger. Thats a lot of damage just from a hiker!!!
At least the moron stayed on the trail,er road. That is more then I can say for the moron bikers who insist on riding before things dry out because I can guarantee they would be riding off trail in the grass. The world has no shortage of "takers".
 

·
Liaison
Joined
·
207 Posts
I figure one reason I've got lockouts on my shocks is so I can stiffen 'em up and hit the road. I'll hit the pavement on Father Serra in MTRP. Back and forth...back and forth.

Mud sucks... don't ride wet trails.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top