Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My new bike will come with 07 2.35 resolution Pro which seem to get good reviews, but want to know how they will compare to nobby nics 2.25's non ust, my present bike has the nobby nic 2.1 ust on the front with racing ralph on the rear, which tbh have been faultless,

Cheers.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
I haven't tried the Resolutions... but I sure love the NNs...however the 2.4 NN would be a better comparison to those 2.35 resolutions...

Spec tires are usually pretty good

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
I have been on the Resolution (Adrenaline) 2.0 Sport, and had used them front and back.

It's a decent roller, but an awesome steering tyre. On the rear, it will disappoint a bit as it would break loose a bit soon and it's not the fastest rolling tyre out there.

Works very good for almost all soild but sticky mud where it would pack up or on loose over hardpack where on strong cornering the side knobs would fold some.

The newer Resolution has lower volume and bigger knobs and is said to be actually an improvement over the Adrenaline.

As for size, the NN 2.25" is about the same size as a Kenda 2.1" at 49mm casing and 52mm footprint... it's a tall, ballooney tyre though, at a height a couple mm's off the Adrenaline which was TALL at around 52mm.

The 2.4" has a nice volume being the casing 52mm wide and 56mm at the footprint. Still far from the claimed 2.4" (60mm). Yet, taller at 52-53mm at the CASING!

However the NN's are stupid light, but surprisingly, the sidewalls do not feel much weaker than a Kenda. The Adrenalines/Roll-X that I've had are no comparison as they're cheapo versions.

Those dimensions I took them on an Alex FD28, 21mm inner width rim.

I'll be using the NN's as 2.25" rear and 2.4" front... I'm glad I've got the "biggest" NN's as they come a bit short. I still have to try them out.

I guess Crisillo posted that they stretch a bit over time... but I'll let you know.

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Here's some pics comparing the old Spesh 2.0's against a NN 2.25"
The Spesh is a Roll-X Sport 2.0. Consider the Adrenaline is a mm or so thinner and a couple mm's taller, making it a higher volume than the Roll-X.

Both on Alex rims FD28, 21mm inside width, 28mm exterior.

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Thanks for thr pics Warp... I have been thinking abot the Spec's, but I really like the performance of the NN, so I guess I guess you don't lose that much as long as you up-one-size on the NNs...

·
Bike Breaker.
1,764 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Cheers. I'm half tempted to get the 2.25'' still as I need a light tyre, I had the ust nn and rr in the back, for some reason the hook up i got even from the rr in tha back gave me so much confidence. Choices choices. Hey Warp did you just run over the baby???

·
Alpine Rider (Italy)
284 Posts
Warp said:
I guess Crisillo posted that they stretch a bit over time... but I'll let you know.
they stretch , used casing is at least 52-53mm on xm321 (as large as fd28).
after a couple of nights inflated to 4.5bar they will bigger......

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
30x26 said:
they stretch , used casing is at least 52-53mm on xm321 (as large as fd28).
after a couple of nights inflated to 4.5bar they will bigger......
After a couple rides, my front 2.4" NN sits at 56mm (2.20") at the tread, and 53.8 (2.12") at the casing. Around 25psi, I think.

The rear 2.25" NN sits at 53mm (2.09") at the tread, 52.1mm (2.05") at the casing. Around 35PSI.

Both mounted on Alex FD28 rims, 21mm inner width.

Don't trust much the pressures, I don't have reliable gauges.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.