Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a Nobby Nic in the front with a Fat Al in the rear. I'm honestly a bit confused about the Nic in front. When I first saw it, I was sure the bike builder had messed up putting it on. Instead of the side tread angling inwards in a progressive fashion, it actually goes outwards if you follow the label imprinted on the tire.

I have searched around a bit to see if anyone else has been thrown off by this. Couldn't find anything.

I've only had one ride on the tires so far, but the steering did feel a little off. It's hard for me to tell though because I'm on a totally new bike. Everything feels a little off.

Has anyone else noticed this? What are you doing about it? Having ridden WTB's for some time, I'm thinking about reversing the tire, going against the mfr recommendation. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into this issue.

Thanks,
Lev :thumbsup:

·
local trails rider
12,300 Posts
Mine is installed as recommended and it works fine for me.

I have a sure way for you to find out which way you should have it: try it both ways.

·
Registered
239 Posts
first:
switch the tires. fat albert should be in the front and nobby in the rear.
the tire with more grip and worser rolling resistance should be the front tire and the tire with less grip/rolling resistance should be put in the rear.
i ride a albert front/nobby nic rear combo on my bike and i like it very much!

second: there is a large discussion thread on the german mtb-news board about the direction. short: the direction arrows are correct. it offers better "sidegrip" that way and feels a little bit unknown.

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
I'm running my NN front tyre in the rear direction because i stuffed it up when mounting it and have been too lazy to switch it around. It grips just fine but there is a definite period where traction is very low before it grabs again when leaning over.

·
You Guys Riding?
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crisillo said:
I thought something seemed a little off there. I had ridden my new bike months ago with a Maxxis 2.4 ADvantage on the front and a Larsen TT 2.2 on the rear. It was the best combo I'd ever felt. Then again, it was on the best bike I've ever ridden.

Now I'm giving the Schwalbes a shot. I'll switch the tires and report back. I'm about to go on a ride here shortly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.