Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Pivot Trail 429 & Switchblade
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to switch from the Continental Mountain King 2.2's to Schwalbe Nobby Nic (Front) & Racing Ralph (Rear). If you are wondering why, the front tire has washed out a couple times and want something a little "beefier" looking. By the way, I have actual measurements and weights of MK's if anyone cares to know.

My question is: Should I go with the 2.4 or 2.25 on the front?

·
603 Posts
2.4 Nn

I've never ridden the conti's, but I've been on the NN for over a year. I like the 2.4's (I ride a 6'' rig) - the original version of the 2.4 was not offered with the SS sidewall protection. This has been improved. I'd recommend the 2.4 with the SS sidewall protection. I'm on the new Fat Alberts now, good tire but the NN is FAST.

happy trails!

Porch.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Not a Pivot rider but

Nobby nic all the way. I'm running the 2.4 NN in the front and the 2.4 Mountain King supersonic and while the MK is 100g lighter and less susseptable to cuts, the traction hasn't been neerly as good as the NN, especially up front.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.