Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my jabberwocky rigid for about one month here in socal. I love it, at the moment it is the only bike to ride, anyway. I started with conties mountain king 2.4 up front and rear. I like alot, the back never slips, even standing and mashing. But the front seemed a little twitchy for some reason. I have flow rims and run tubeless around 20psi f/r. Switched the front to WTBweirwolf 2.55 lt. It seems to grab, roll over everything, from climbs to rock gardens so much better. I love the conti in rear as well. Are other single speeders have the nobbies in back and more of the volumne tire in front, and what of the rides with that set up. Cheers GOD I LOVE MTB

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
As you have just discovered, different tread patterns work better on different surfaces and the differences between patterns is more important than tread height or how "aggressive" the tread looks. I wouldn't get too caught up in stereotypical setups. Many people put bigger and more aggressive tires up front to get more cornering grip where it matters and use lighter and faster tires in the rear for better rolling, but if the WW gives you enough grip then call it good and go ride:thumbsup:

Personally I like the Nano as a rear tire. It rolls very fast and feels great on hardpack trails and rocks, but for you and your trails it might have less grip than the Mountain King. If your setup works then I would run that until your MK wears out and then reconsider.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts