Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been getting pinch flats like crazy and im gettin real pissed. i just looked into stan's no tubes and was wondering if it would be suitable for freeride use. my problem is in the rear. i run a trailpimp rim with hutchinson scorpion tires. any advice would be very helpful.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
why7 said:
i've been getting pinch flats like crazy and im gettin real pissed. i just looked into stan's no tubes and was wondering if it would be suitable for freeride use. my problem is in the rear. i run a trailpimp rim with hutchinson scorpion tires. any advice would be very helpful.
i have no experiance with those tires, but mabey your running them at to low a pressure, or they have weak side walls...a new tire is my first suggestion. tubless is good because it saves some wieght. im pretty sure you can go tubless riding FR or DH.

·
Registered
5,261 Posts
i will never run anything but tubless on my DH rig...no more sudden pressure losses from pinch flats and dented rims as a consequence. In one year i've only had two punctures, but the air loss was slow enough to get to the bottom, and i simply plugged the tire (no need to take it off).

Be warned that the rim strip methods success depens on the tire/rim combo, where UST is always the best.

·
Stand back
4,211 Posts
Sun Singletrack/ WTB combo

Has worked awesome for me w/ the Stan's FR kit. Only flat I've had is after the sealant dried out, which typically takes about 3 months here in high mtn desert land...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks for your help. i order the freeride kit today and some new tires. i got kenda blue groove for the front and a nevegal for the back. stan recommends kenda, so ill see how it works.

·
noMAD man
12,079 Posts
That's one I haven't heard.

.WestCoastHucker. said:
i heard "no-tubes" makes your wheels flexy.....
Lots of pros and cons have been posted about Stan's, but that's one I hadn't heard. How was this described to you, WCH? Maybe a semantics thing, but a "flexy wheel" symptom is one I'd like to hear more about. Just curious.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts