Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've upgraded my wheels to the No-Tubes Race 7000 and equipped them with Maxxlite 310 tires and Maxxis Flyweight tubes. I'm wondering if it would be possible to inject a small amount of the No-Tubes sealant into the tubes to act as added security against punctures. I don't think the presta valves can be opened for applying the sealant, but since the No-Tubes website shows how well the sealant seals up small punctures, why not use a small needle and syringe? Has anyone tried this?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
A few ways:

Your idea will work with a large gauge needle, then patch the hole. But, do it on the top of the tube, not the bottom. That way the rim will press on the patch instead of the tire.

Find presta inner tubes that have removeable valves. I have one but cannot remember where I got it or the brand name.

U can take that small nut off the Presta valve, and force Stan's in the valve stem, but it is tricky and I would rather not try to write it out.

And I know that Slime works better than Stans inside inner tubes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.