Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering converting to Stan's. Lately I have been getting more punctures than I like. Having said that I had a bad experience with Stan's before, so I am a little skeptical to do it. I had a tire explode of one of my rims, the bead failed, it was an Intense system 2, since then I have run tubes. So my question is with the combination aboved mentioned are there any bad experiences, also any advice is welcome. Tell me your happy and horror stories about the system so that I can decide is it worth another shot.

·
Registered
416 Posts
A quick look at notubes.com showed that the Intense tires are on the 'not recommended' list for conversion. I have converted Kendas, Specialized, and Schwalbe with success. Go for it!

·
Registered
156 Posts
If the Nev is a dual compound tire, it will take a little more time to seal (becuase the juncture between the two compounds seems to be more porous for some reason), but is well worth the trouble. I have converted Nevegals before and they work great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.