Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Trail Snail said:
The Southern Classic XC race schedule is up ( http://www.southernclassicmtb.org ) but it looks like the Tiger Rage race at Issaquenna is not on the schedule this year. Anyone know why?
I'll try to find out from Rick see what he knows Long story short...

the Clemson Chamber of Commerce ran that race and for the past four years or so seemed that very little planning and almost no marketing was done. wouldn't be any notice of a race date until maybe a month prior to the race.

Last year a new person (can't remember her name), but she took over, then she left and a new guy (don't know his name) was in charge of it... and it appears they dropped the ball. Sad too, fun race!

There was rumor that they wanted to do a Bike Festival style weekend XC, DH, Dual Slalom only problem how can you do a festival weekend thing if you can't camp out there? Maybe it's still in works, i'll chk with RT and see what he knows.

Now the SERC race #6 is still happening at Issaqueena June 6th http://www.goneriding.com/

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Unless I misundertand the info on the SERC website, and last year's too, they run the Expert Women with the Pros. No thanks.

That sucks, Tiger Rag was my first race... in 1996. I hope you can find out if it's gone for good, or just this year?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I emailed Sandy White at the Southern Classic Series and here is what he said:

"Good Day Will,

Tiger Rag was offered a spot but with the chamber is not interested and a Scott Vick now in-charge of this event made the discussion not to put it in this year. The Southern Classic Series has always had a place for them but if they don't want it there is nothing else to do.

Charles "Sandy" White

·
Drinker w/ Riding Problem
5,326 Posts
Trail Snail said:
I emailed Sandy White at the Southern Classic Series and here is what he said:

"Good Day Will,

Tiger Rag was offered a spot but with the chamber is not interested and a Scott Vick now in-charge of this event made the discussion not to put it in this year. The Southern Classic Series has always had a place for them but if they don't want it there is nothing else to do.

Charles "Sandy" White
Thanks for the info Will

sounds like they (Clem CofC) dropped the ball

·
Registered
338 Posts
Digging!!

I will shoot an email out to the CoC. There was good communication there for awhile, then there was a shuffling of personnel. I will post up when / if I find anything out. I will mention the possibility of hosting a 6 hour race / event later in the year.

Hope everyone had a great Holiday.

RT

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I emailed the CofC. They replied :

Thank you for your concern regarding the Tiger Rag mountain bike race. The Chamber no longer facilitates that particular event; however the event has not been discontinued. The program was taken over by Scott Vick of Vick Construction and design. He also serves as the director of the Tiger Paw Classic youth gymnastics event that is held at the end of February.

If you have any further questions regarding either event you may contact him at 864-885-8838.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.