Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Funny. Not sure if a big sign is the best way to keep a trail off the radar though.

With all the data strava provides it's too bad we can't get stats on trails lost. I wonder which part of the country can claim KOM on that one?

·
Registered
413 Posts
Funny. Not sure if a big sign is the best way to keep a trail off the radar though.

With all the data strava provides it's too bad we can't get stats on trails lost. I wonder which part of the country can claim KOM on that one?
KOM actually meant something when Strava first came mainstream. But now it's just who juiced up the electric motor the most. I don't use it, just a $30 cateye I've been running for 10 years.

·
Registered
118 Posts
FYI, My Garmin will still display my Miles and total ascending. Then when I get home/ to WiFi, it will sync to my Strava. I will never come close to a KOM and I don’t care. I care about my miles ridden for self satisfaction and to record the history a each particular ride/bike.

And are all the Strava haters the same as Ebike haters, or are they different? Just curious. Oh and I don’t own an Ebike, yet, so I’m not being bias.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't use Strava, but I use the heat map to find trails to ride. So the question I have if a user sets their settings to private, does it still go in the heat map? If so then settng to private won't prevent the hidden stash of trails from being discovered for long.

Edit: this is also like posting a sign that says "no, rain".

·
OOOOOOOh Gee Are Eee
4,366 Posts
FYI, My Garmin will still display my Miles and total ascending. Then when I get home/ to WiFi, it will sync to my Strava. I will never come close to a KOM and I don’t care. I care about my miles ridden for self satisfaction and to record the history a each particular ride/bike.

And are all the Strava haters the same as Ebike haters, or are they different? Just curious. Oh and I don’t own an Ebike, yet, so I’m not being bias.
Most people hate the Strava race/ PR/ KOM attitude; a few hate that heatmaps reveal all their secret trails.

Nobody hates you using a tool to track mileage.

1 - 20 of 110 Posts