Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brand new 2018 380c2r2 felt amazing for a few days then got really sticky and harsh. Standing next to the bike you could lift yourself off the ground before it would move into its travel, I'm 180-190lbs.

I serviced them yesterday and this mornings first run they were better than ever! Really plush and could hardly feel braking bumps. 6 runs in the bike park later they're back to harsh and super sticky and able to do push ups off them before they move again...

I used 7w whistler performance lube and slick honey in the seals, originally had the fox lube in it.

·
mbtr member
6,503 Posts
I've run in to this. It's been caused by excessively heavy bath lubricants (once because the lubricant viscosity changed dramatically with temperature), and by tight bushings.

Haven't had an issue when i've done everything per OE recommendation on a fork i knew worked well.

edit- one pivot also makes sense. Short answer is that an OE rebuild with OE parts will fix you up.

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
The bushings are too tight, I've seen it in 380's before so you need someone who can resize the properly

They feel ok after a service because theres lube on the bushes but it gets wiped away quickly so back to harsh

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is my 3rd 380, always used the 7w whistler performance lube in them. I live in whistler and get lot of bike park time and they've been pretty good so far.
Next step might be talking to fox and see what I can do about it!

·
Read Only
2,101 Posts
Do you know if that's a warranty issue?
Well yes it definitely is, problem will be most brands policy for bushing problems is to just replace the lower, which either doesn't fix it, or only improves it slightly. Every new fork benefits from having the bushes sized properly in my opinion so I think its worth paying someone to do it any way. Shouldn't cost too much but makes a night and day difference!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.