Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
3,707 Posts
No offense intended to anyone here, but do you really need to advertise that you're riding with no suspension? Is it really that cool?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If the money went to charity, like the stickers, I'd buy one. It's kinda plain tho.
I don't donate to charities. Fact is most charities give less then 10% of what they take in. For example in 2009 Livestrong took in almost 120 Million. They gave out around 10 Million.

The Susan G Komen is also a major offender of this. I had an aunt who had cancer and donated to SGK for years. She even did those walk a thons. What they don't tell you is if you sign up you're responsible for raising $2,300. She was unable as she was very ill. When she asked for help with her medical bills SGK instead sent her a bill for $1700. Why? because she had raised only $600 and in the fine print it states you are responsible for the difference of what you cannot raise. My aunt died in November R.I.P.

So long story short as nice as it may look on the outside to donate. I'd say roughly 90% of that money is going into the pockets of the so called charity. With the chairmen making over 7 figures. There are a few exceptions. Like the Salvation Army for example.

As for the shirts I only offer them as people inquired about them with the stickers. It makes no nevermind to me.

·
Come see me after class
1,431 Posts
Do you have any data to support your claims? I'd like something a little more substantiated than your anecdotal evidence about your aunt. :rolleyes:

...Here are some hard facts for you: Susan G Komen raised $400mn in the '09-10 fiscal year. Of that $400mn, $360mn went to research, public health education, health screening services, and treatment services. Only $77mn (or 21%) of that $360mn went towards fund-raising costs, and general and administrative costs.

The fact is: You're wrong. Susan G Komen invested 90% of their earnings into charitable activities. I'm sorry, but Susan G Komen is not an organization that's solely meant to pay medical expenses. I'm also sorry if you or your aunt were so naive to think as much.

Nobody is obligated to donate to charity. But do not concoct ******** reasons why you do not, just to help you sleep at night. And please, don't preach it on the Internet. It's that type of ignorance which dumbs down the rest of society. Fortunately, some of us are still smart enough to know better.

·
Super Moderator
4,306 Posts
Regardless of what is truth and what is hearsay even a "paltry" $10mil to charity and research is better than $0mil.

·
Banned
347 Posts
I think the shirt is self explainitory. Simple yet effective, what do you think?

I seriously hope that's a fat finger typo.

And the model needs to take some posing lessons.

And the shirt is see through.

And the logo looks blah.

Other than that,

:thumbsup:

·
SSOD
826 Posts
Nice shirts man. Don't want to start a pissing match or argument but I can't speak to the charities you mentioned or refereed to by others, but I have audited several national name organizations with my old job, I only audited the local branches though not the national ones, and I was amazed at how much money actually went to the cause, it kinda made me sick at my stomach to tell the truth. One audit I did was as low as 10% but I wouldn't say that was the norm.

Edit: I have worked with fundraising events for specific individual's cause, like a family going through medical problems or natural disaster etc. Generally the ones on a local smaller levels organized by volunteers and friends of a cause you see close to 100% going to the families.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts