Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mtbr Founder
34,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There's just a lot of Trek bikes where I ended up. And a bowl of cheese with every meal.;)

In the hills, the air rang out with bells and chimes. The bells on cows have different notes so the farmers can find their specific cows from miles away. Some of these bells are as big as a soccer ball and are worth over $1000!

Anyway, here's some cool photos. They hired some fancy photographers to make scumbaggers like me look good on the bike.

Anyway, here's some highlights from Sterling Lorence and Geoff Waugh.

fc

Attachments

·
Mtbr Founder
34,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Attachments

·
My spoon is too big!
881 Posts
Damn, I'm in the wrong business! You looking for a sidekick, Francis?

·
Mtbr Founder
34,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
One_Speed said:
Awesome!! those pics are amazing. Wow I am jealous, the riding must be incredible.
Sup. Yes, you will like it there. They have a bike park that's trying to be the Whistler of Europe. http://www.mountainbikeparkchatel.com/. It's still young but it's got a lot of potential. They have huge jumps and a ton of berms. Some of the flow needs to get worked on but they certainly have the terrain and views.

They have over 500k of trails that is all connected by ski lifts. The network is called Port du Soleil and it was built for skiing and they're trying to get mountain bikers to get on it. It's a lot of fire road right now but hopefully that will change.

Some of the guys took a couple of ski lifts and biked over to the top of the mountain where a TDF mountain stage finished.

To get there from SF, 11 hour flight to Hamburg Germany and one hour flight to Geneva, plus 1.5 hour drive. I'll be back there some day.

fc

p.s. on the photos:
Note the guy's colored neck while taking the berm. He does not brake and he is steering with his neck :)

See the photo with the guy's head inside the leaves? How do you take that shot? Does it take skeelz?

Travis Brown who is in the photos fell while we were riding 2 mph to get on the ski lift. He broke his wrist!

Because I did not want to climb for four hours with the group, I asked my bike mechanic if he could show me some trails. It turns out he's ex japanese champ, Shinobu Noguri. He's the one following me (suffering :) ) on the 5th photo.

·
Mtbr Founder
34,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Quercus agrifolia said:
More pics, please. TIA.
Yeah, I have hundreds! I'll set up a gallery here with full-res pics. The photographers were hired for the journalists so they gave them all to me for free. Sterling gets paid a lot of money for photos, and he's worth it.

Hmm, what's TIA? You mean T&A? Hmm.

fc

·
Mtbr Founder
34,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These are kind of interesting. I used the Colorsplash app for the Ifad on my long airplane flight. You can use your pinky to futz with your fotos.

Here.
fc

Attachments

·
YOUREGO ISNOT YOURAMIGO
2,955 Posts
Hey I've been there before!
Awesome in the winter too!!
How come you didn't invite all your MTBR friends. ;)
Enjoy your time there.
PS-How about a little more story on the Travis Brown incident.
G

·
Mtbr Founder
34,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
GoGoGordo said:
Hey I've been there before!
Awesome in the winter too!!
How come you didn't invite all your MTBR friends. ;)
Enjoy your time there.
PS-How about a little more story on the Travis Brown incident.
G
Right on man. I'm home now and jetlag free so I'm looking back with good memories.

Travis Brown has not broken a bone in 10 years and seems to have gotten better technically as all he does now is test bikes.

I just got on the chairlift and I heard someone slam onto the pavement below me. It seems that before he got on the lift, rolling at 2mph, he reached to adjust his front fork. We believe his camelback strap got caught in his front wheel and he immediately went over the bar and landed on his hand. He drove himself to the local doctor and it showed two broken bones on his left wrist. The French doctor was a one man show and charged him $90 for the xrays, treatment and cast. Yeah!

He has been training hard for Leadville so I know he is bummed. We drank the night away though I hope this bummer time passes quickly for him.

Photo is below.

Link to our Fuel EX video featuring Travis is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSeNh-gPsM

Attachments

·
Let's ride
7,125 Posts
francois said:
Right on man. I'm home now and jetlag free so I'm looking back with good memories.

Travis Brown has not broken a bone in 10 years and seems to have gotten better technically as all he does now is test bikes.

I just got on the chairlift and I heard someone slam onto the pavement below me. It seems that before he got on the lift, rolling at 2mph, he reached to adjust his front fork. We believe his camelback strap got caught in his front wheel and he immediately went over the bar and landed on his hand. He drove himself to the local doctor and it showed two broken bones on his left wrist. The French doctor was a one man show and charged him $90 for the xrays, treatment and cast. Yeah!

He has been training hard for Leadville so I know he is bummed. We drank the night away though I hope this bummer time passes quickly for him.

Photo is below.

Link to our Fuel EX video featuring Travis is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcSeNh-gPsM

For $180 buck, a Swiss Dr. would have put the cast on the broken wrist! ;)

Good to have you back bro, can't wait to hear the deets.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wow that is amazing Francois. I knew you were going on a Trek Trip but figured it was road biking and to watch the TDF. Can you tell us some more about the trails you rode? How many days? etc? And when exactly are we gonna have a MTBR gathering there?? :) I am so there!!

Oh btw thanks for officially making me feel as if my life sucks:thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts