Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is the 3rd week i cant ride. Im feeling a bit depressed. I want to go, but at 13 degrees and no cold weather gear, im kinda stuck. :madman: I would go out and get the gear, but not enough cash, and by the time i get back, i wont beable to go anyways. The cold dont really bother me, but while riding it will be a bit chilly, and breathing would hurt. Oh well, enough ranting. I guess there is always next weekend:confused:

·
2006 Yeti AS-X
3,217 Posts
I can feel your pain dude. I gave up riding at least in January because here in the KC area where the weekends are pretty much the only ride time I can get, it has been nasty each weekend pretty much. Weather channel says snow showers next Saturday and supposed to snow some on Wednesday too.

And still have a tad of snow still left over from last Saturdays big snow. And it was 50 deg yesterday which means the trails are probably muck. Well, at least my indoor trainer beckons me YEAH!!!

·
Vaginatarian
5,686 Posts
baddogg79 said:
Well this is the 3rd week i cant ride. Im feeling a bit depressed. I want to go, but at 13 degrees and no cold weather gear, im kinda stuck. :madman: I would go out and get the gear, but not enough cash, and by the time i get back, i wont beable to go anyways. The cold dont really bother me, but while riding it will be a bit chilly, and breathing would hurt. Oh well, enough ranting. I guess there is always next weekend:confused:
just layer on whatever you have, once you start moving you will warm up. save up for studded tires :thumbsup: We've been riding here in NH all winter, long underwear & jeans will work, balaclava and winter gloves. I just wear 2 pair of summer socks. start on the road untill you can get the studs then you'll be unstoppable

·
Registered
445 Posts
I feel all your pain, or I used too, started out riding fat tires 23 years ago in MN. Rode all through the winter, well down to -10, then the grease got too thick. Layers, ski mask, and let some air out of the tires, and go have some fun.

Now I live in Arizona. As I got older (30's) I decided I had enough of cold and snow. Now at 43 enjoying riding all year around. 70 today

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.