Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to Heil on Sat to see if the snow was packed enough to ride. With the recent snow, it wasn't. So I went for a hike.

I did try to ride. It didn't work so well. DTIL (deeper than it looks)

So I went for a hike.

It was windy.

Snow devils were abundant

As was the loose snow blowing over everything

Nice views from the hike up

More nice views from the meadow

Just entering the trees

That was as far as I went up. I sat for a bit just inside the trees, enjoyed nature a bit, then headed back down.

Gotta keep your feet on the ground and your eyes to the skies...

And we head home, not completely satisfied, but satisfied enough.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw 1 xc skier and 2 people snow shoeing. I spoke with the snow shoer's and they'd never been there before. We were all wondering where the people were since it was such a great day and its a great trail.

·
Aphonopelma Coloradanum
202 Posts
I was about to start a "Nobody infesting Apex today!!!" thread, but it sounds the same everywhere else.

There were only a handful of tracks at the top, and it doesn't look like anybody has been on Enchanted Forest for a while (you can see the intersection at the upper-right of my picture). There is probably three feet of snow, and it was impassable except for snowshoes or XC skis. I couldn't even walk through it without sinking (although it was pretty warm and might have been a little better if it was well below freezing). Not ridable by any means for a couple of months.

I think I'm going shopping for showshoes this week.

Attachments

·
2,856 Posts
Someone carved some awesome turns on the south side of I-70 in Mt. Vernon Canyon. Really easy to see if you're heading west. The tracks are on the open slopes as well as heading into the trees, someone did some laps.

Ed E

1 - 7 of 7 Posts