Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, not really bling but some fun additions.

Blackspire guide with color coordinating MRP roller. Plus an FSA polycarb bash ring.

The FSA bash gaurd is only 90g compared to the 70g of a FSA 44t chainring and is 10mm wide. This is a 32t model and it also comes in a 34t. :thumbsup:

·
Bite Me.
4,531 Posts
Nice. That means you can pack ten more grams of beer on each ride!
I'm just doing SS now in the sh!tty weather so everything has to have something to do with beer - I guess it's a rule. Those SS dudes are almost as bad as Homers.:rolleyes:

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
nice stuff, have you used plastic bash rings much before hand, can they take much punishment? im looking to buy one myself and saw the Blackspire C4 Ring God which looks ok, except ive gone to their website and they dont seem to sell the item itself too well, claiming "i need this to look cool outside starbucks" :skep:

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cutthroat said:
Nice. That means you can pack ten more grams of beer on each ride!
I'm just doing SS now in the sh!tty weather so everything has to have something to do with beer - I guess it's a rule. Those SS dudes are almost as bad as Homers.:rolleyes:
Renny - what's 10g converted to oz? Might be better off if I took tequila vs beer!

These will go on when I do the annual tear-down maintenance sometime this week.

Da - this is my first "plastic" bash ring. We'll see how this lightweight version of the E13 holds up.

·
involuntary dismounter
2,391 Posts
cool bling dude...10g of tequila is about 0.35 oz...not much...only one solution: you'll have to pack less water...or maybe even do a 50/50 water/tequila mix. :thumbsup::D

by the way...the color coordination of the roller with the bike...SWEET!!! :thumbsup::)

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
I have a C4X and a Stinger I plan on putting on my Spot's XTR crankset:

Man, is this ring THIN! I mean vertically. I'm used to the Herculean E13. I will mount this with the full knowledge that it's just to replace my big ring and keep me from gouging my calf. It's an XTR ring... built for weight I guess: 60g (0.13lbs) I realize the lack of meat is due to the fact the XTR spider arms reach all the way to the base of the teeth on the big ring. There's no place left to go unless you want the BG to be the size of a dinner plate.

The Stinger came in at 80g (0.17lbs)

SS, is the MRP roller noticeably softer than the stock Stinger roller?

·
trail fairy
9,546 Posts
Wow Ssinga looks hawt:thumbsup:

Just replaced my E13 with Stinger ISCG model on my RFX am stoked awesome
and put non ISCG on my buds Spot (Spotz) and have one for my Spot for trail thats how sold we were, I like the we wabbit:D

I was happy with the E13 but with the Stinger its like its not there very happy:)

FO ya got yr CG yet disapointed no more pics of yr 38lb lightweight real build budget RFX in battle and Chubbie additions wheres the love bro ya know ya gotta share in Hommerville...

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bikezilla said:
SS, is the MRP roller noticeably softer than the stock Stinger roller?
It is a little softer so we'll see if it is any quieter than the Heim I've been running for the last 4 years.

One thing to note: The BS roller only had 1 bearing where the MRP has 2.

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
SSINGA,

As I posted on Warp's thread in the Titus forum, I have used the FSA bash for about a year on my SS and it works just fine for the occasional log grind :p, but I don't ride aggressively... so take it as you will :)

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rroeder said:
So are you gonna have to modify the Stinger to fit the frame with the tabs? I'm running the ISCG version and it has been flawless.
I heard that I might have to. I went with the BB mount over the ISCG because I have hit the Heim before and it just moved out of the way vs breaking. Nothing a little dremel work can't take care of I suppose.

I'll do another post with the fitment details.

Crissillo - mostly logs around here and I rarely hit the alu one I have. Now if E13 would make that trans orange in a 32t version I'd be happy to give my FSA to Fo.

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
hey all, im on the cusp of ordering one of those stingers myself, but im unsure if my BB has or hasnt got a spacer installed or not. im fair sure it does, but i thought id take some pics and find some kind fellews to help :thumbsup:

soooooo if any of you can make anything from that cack handed fuzzy picture id be most grateful, cheers :D

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
da_eddio said:
hey all, im on the cusp of ordering one of those stingers myself, but im unsure if my BB has or hasnt got a spacer installed or not. im fair sure it does, but i thought id take some pics and find some kind fellews to help :thumbsup:

soooooo if any of you can make anything from that cack handed fuzzy picture id be most grateful, cheers :D
da Ed - looks like a spacer (I think) what BB and cranks are those?

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
da_eddio said:

It looks like 1 or 2 spacers, is it a 68mm BB?

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
the cranks are Raceface Evolve XC and the BB is a Raceface Srx ISIS, i darent say what frame they are connected too in this turner forum though.... ;)

and yes the BB is 68mm and the cranks//bb arent the external type

·
Super Moderator
20,810 Posts
da_eddio said:
the cranks are Raceface Evolve XC and the BB is a Raceface Srx ISIS, i darent say what frame they are connected too in this turner forum though.... ;)

and yes the BB is 68mm and the cranks//bb arent the external type
Then I expect you have a BB spacer, if I am not mistaken most ISIS BBs are 73mm and use adapters for the 68mm frames...

·
solid gold plated
878 Posts
erm, i know that this isis bb is interchangeable to a 73mm shell size so that idea about the adaptor seems right.

i assume if i were to fit the stinger that i simply remove that spacer closest to the frame and sandwich the stinger in there?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.