Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Preemptive Revenger
867 Posts
shhhhh!!

Don't give them any ideas. Your $60 annual fee already goes to supporting a staff that does nothing toward furthering your racing fun...if they catch wind of your idea they'll do it and increase annual NORBA dues by $25 per year.
Seriously, does anybody think they get equivalent value for the $60 fee? Or do you just pay it because you have to?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
rapwithtom said:
shhhhh!!

Don't give them any ideas. Your $60 annual fee already goes to supporting a staff that does nothing toward furthering your racing fun...if they catch wind of your idea they'll do it and increase annual NORBA dues by $25 per year.
Seriously, does anybody think they get equivalent value for the $60 fee? Or do you just pay it because you have to?
I don't pay it! Oregon is mostly a NORBA-free zone. The Oregon Bicycle Racing Association ( http://www.OBRA.org ) provides affordable insurance and support for racing here. Your $20 membership (free to juniors) gets you permanent road (cloth) and mtb (plate) numbers, results tracking, good web site, etc.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
The Lone Wolf said:
Yeah I think NORBA should do more. They are just a bunch of pencil pushers that plan the races and make money.
Do more research. NORBA does not "plan races". They hire out the promotion of the national events and little to nothing to do with the others. Most races in this country are run by local promoters.

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
The Lone Wolf said:
Yeah I think NORBA should do more. They are just a bunch of pencil pushers that plan the races and make money.
Pencils ha, they got laptops.

NORBA is a joke. However at the start is was a good idea. The local associations like the one in Oregon are the people to support.

·
Registered
4,870 Posts
mrgorth said:
That's cool but the only schedule is for NORBA nationals. Why don't they have a schedule for all NORBA sanctioned races?
There are thousands of "NORBA" races, check your local race organizers, sanctioning bodies, state "clubs", and so on. NORBA collects points and race information FROM the local/regional level races, not actually organize and promote them all!

The easiest way to see what's up is to look in the back of Dirt Rag - they've got the best race listings, though not 100% comprehensive, of any site I can think of.

·
Registered
150 Posts
More info on usacycling

http://www.usacycling.org/events/

You can search for events in your state that have a permit assigned to them already...

Actually, I think the website is pretty good, it just takes some poking around to find everything. You can find results by racer and by race, even going back for several years. You can see schedules (at the link above). You can search every combination of rankings (i.e., I'm ranked 1st for my county in my class and age group.. ;) )

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.